Could you ever see unions making a large comeback and expanding membership?

Almost none offer it.

And only a fool would take a job, counting on the pension plan being solvent in 40 years.
And that's why you save some money for yourself. Hope the best for your pension plan put some money into your 401k plan and have enough years of social security earnings in so when that time comes that you don't want to work anymore you can walk away

You want to tell people to take a harder job for less money, because there is a promise of a check for them in 2063.

L
Only speak for yourself.
You do not wish to take a full-time job we can make a lot more money after you put a little bit of time in.

But go ahead and work at Wendy's for 18 bucks an hour knock yourself up let me know when you're 70 years old and still working there

wilberforce15

Only speak for yourself.
You do not wish to take a full-time job we can make a lot more money after you put a little bit of time in.

But go ahead and work at Wendy's for 18 bucks an hour knock yourself up let me know when you're 70 years old and still working there
I don't know who the "you" is. I'm a happy long term PTer.

I just know that I'm the exception. Most people are better off not going FT at UPS.

wilberforce15

FT is a set of golden handcuffs. You'll get a house, a car, and spend based on that check. Then you'll be miserable. But you'll be locked into costs you can't pay otherwise.

Then you're here for35 years, working six days a week, and wondering where your life went

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
FT is a set of golden handcuffs. You'll get a house, a car, and spend based on that check. Then you'll be miserable. But you'll be locked into costs you can't pay otherwise.

Then you're here for35 years, working six days a week, and wondering where your life went
So how do you pay your bills?