Could you ever see unions making a large comeback and expanding membership?

PT Car Washer

Bingo. Each time a state makes "R2W" law, the prospects for an organized labor renaissance dwindle. If IBT can't crack the surface at Amazon, I fear that may be the last gasp for union relevance.
And yet you have Union members voting Republican and telling tte rest of us how the Republicans are for the working man. The only working man the Republicans care about is the bartender at the country club. And maybe his golf caddie.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And yet you have Union members voting Republican and telling tte rest of us how the Republicans are for the working man. The only working man the Republicans care about is the bartender at the country club. And maybe his golf caddie.
There are two parties and neither cares about unions. Amazing you haven't figured this out in your 45 years washing cars.

PT Car Washer

There are two parties and neither cares about unions. Amazing you haven't figured this out in your 45 years washing cars.
So you choose to support a self described billionaire New York City real estate developer philander or Joe Biden who has supported Union positions in Congress for 40 years. Get back to me when you are dry behind the ears junior.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So you choose to support a self described billionaire New York City real estate developer philander or Joe Biden who has supported Union positions in Congress for 40 years. Get back to me when you are dry behind the ears junior.
I don't vote based on unions, because neither party cares about them.

You think Joe Biden deregulating the trucking industry and supporting NAFTA was good for us?

Wake up sheep.

Hot Carl

I don't vote based on unions, because neither party cares about them.

You think Joe Biden deregulating the trucking industry and supporting NAFTA was good for us?

Wake up sheep.
One could accuse one of the two parties of merely paying lip service to unions while doing little to actually support them. But there is only one party that is flagrantly, aggressively hostile towards unions. We have seen this in state after state where as soon as they seize control of the legislature and the governorship, “Right to Work” is priority #1.

Wake up sheep, indeed. You’re the one voting for the wolves.

quad decade guy

One could accuse one of the two parties of merely paying lip service to unions while doing little to actually support them. But there is only one party that is flagrantly, aggressively hostile towards unions. We have seen this in state after state where as soon as they seize control of the legislature and the governorship, “Right to Work” is priority #1.

Wake up sheep, indeed. You’re the one voting for the wolves.
Interesting.....

There are workers all around voting down unionization.....why is that?...especially at Amazon....known for harsh and punitive working conditions as well as low pay. Why is that? Especially in right to work states. Matter of fact.....Dems are known to cost jobs....AOC comes to mind....arguably the biggest communist in the USA. She couldn't even get jobs in NY.....to be fair one of the worst places to own a business.....because it's Dem controlled....anti-business and all.

Now....getting back to waking up and all that...

wilberforce15

Even if all that is true, there are lots of issues more important than union policy or R2W laws.

nWo

We have teamsters that are paying $500 initiation fee and $50 a month for a job that doesn't even provide healthcare for 9 months. That's a good deterrent.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Something I’ve been wondering about considering new polls show public support is at an all time high.

Would oh say it’s even possible given the circumstances we’re in like unions being legislated against like the Taft Hartley act , right to work laws , etc…

no........what's the score?

wilberforce15

Definitely why people quit. Almost kind of laughable the wait, tbh.
We don't have initiation dues and most of our PTers don't join the union anyway.

And they still quit, because they can get more money for doing less at like 5 different buildings on our street, including walmart.