Country Bound

Scuderia

Update! Sitting here on lunch and watching two crazy homeless fighting over cigarette butts in the gutters is really making my transfer seem like the good move.

HAHA, that’s nothing. I watched a homeless man take a dump on the sidewalk, in broad daylight, and with tons of traffic honking at him. Memories....

Imi

Solid advice about the trucks. Just make sure to not hook up on the bumper

this happened to me just today

5B49C35B-1BE4-4DDC-AD6E-6B90BA5A0851.jpeg

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Not as simple anymore so know where your GPS doesn't get service.
Cellphone reception is the problem, not GPS unit or a phone with GPS tracker inside it...

I had an app, co pilot, which allows for offline use.

You can download the map of your area, up to the whole state if u want.

I use a micro sd card in my phone to store the map.

The co pilot app can optimize 50 stops or so as well.

Or just get a standalone GPS unit and a battery bank if they still don't allow charging ports in their company vehicles.

I'm miss my rural route...

Utility81

Try to make better decisions in the future. If you would have made it, you probably would have had to back out of it. When in doubt, walk it in.
Or park on that two lane country road and walk it off. Hit while parked. Hope you had your precious mirror folded in. No real great way to do it. Always your fault either way.

Overpaid Union Thug

The bid driver should have the courtesy to leave a box of dog treats on his truck for his cover driver.
I didn’t. Back when I carried a box of dog treats in the truck it would last a month or two until I would have a day off or vacation. I would come back and the box would be almost empty because cover drivers were giving them to each and every dog they countered. I would only give them to questionable dogs and only if they were getting too close to me. So, stopped buying them. And I also stopped keeping supplies in my truck because they would raid those as well leave me with nothing. If people would have replaced what they used I might’ve kept bringing dog treats and kept supplies in the truck.

Or park on that two lane country road and walk it off. Hit while parked. Hope you had your precious mirror folded in. No real great way to do it. Always your fault either way.
In that situation, a hit while parked w/mirror pulled in would’ve been unavoidable.

542thruNthru

Sure, backing out of driveways and high centering the package car are your Safest and best options. You crack me up.

No, in UPS mind finding a safe parking spot a mile down the road and walking it back would be the safest option.

They wouldn't mention how its not the most productive and you'll be harassed and possibly written up for it. Just that it was the safest option and because you didn't it's now a avoidable accident.