Country Runs

Man Of Brown

I know several of you have or have had country routes. I just got put on some country stuff and need some tips. I finished my packet last week. My route was a heavy retail p12 route. I've run this new route a couple times now. I think you would call it a split route. They took parts from two different routes and made this route. My sup said he is hoping to keep me there through peak. We'll see.

I love this country run especially compared to the 300+ piece training route I had. Smaller truck, less traffic. Its nice. I'm not overly concerned with the company's over/under numbers but like to keep it close to stay off the radar. So what tips do you have to help a brother out in the country? Both time wise and safet .

Appreciate it!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I know several of you have or have had country routes. I just got put on some country stuff and need some tips. I finished my packet last week. My route was a heavy retail p12 route. I've run this new route a couple times now. I think you would call it a split route. They took parts from two different routes and made this route. My sup said he is hoping to keep me there through peak. We'll see.

I love this country run especially compared to the 300+ piece training route I had. Smaller truck, less traffic. Its nice. I'm not overly concerned with the company's over/under numbers but like to keep it close to stay off the radar. So what tips do you have to help a brother out in the country? Both time wise and safet .

Appreciate it!
That's the route you wanna retire on. A lot of :censored2: time in the seat and no back breaking, that's what im talking bout. I DONT LOVE THAT BULK mfao.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Appreciate it!
You should get a lot more miles and stops should come down as compared to a bulk route that is in a tighter area. Should but all depends on how many miles you run obviously. Country routes are chill dude for real. Just very relaxing no stress really. I just ride and chill, listen to music all day and talk on phone on Bluetooth headphones. Like being on vacation compared to a bulk route really. Piece of cake I love it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Best route I ever had was in a P-500 with 60-70 stops. 200 miles a day with one shelf that was completely empty when I left the building. Good times.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It almost feels like a different job. Its nice. The route has been about 100-110 miles. So not too long.
It is nice, not absolutely killing yourself physically everyday, no wear and tear on your back in the country. Don't know why anybody as they get a good amount of years in would ever bid on a bulk route, is besides me dude.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
One of the routes I run is a rural route that averages about a hundred stops with less than 200 pieces and runs about 160 miles. It's amazing how much easier the stops fall off compared to another one I run that's a brutal 300 piece 120-150 mile congested torture test.

barnyard

KTM rider
If it is not snowing yet, when you are going in and out of driveways, note which ones you want to stay out of when the snow flies. Pay very close attention to turn arounds and watch for unexpected stuff to be in the turn arounds.

My peak route is a rural route. I run it different pretty much everyday. I try to deliver to my 1st NDA, get the stuff off around it and deliver to the next NDA. Today, when I was scrolling through my EDD, I missed a stop that I drove by. Should have been my 1st stop (loaded in section 6), but ended up doing it the way Edd was set up. Cost me 15-20 minutes. Was not a big deal today, but in 2-3 weeks, that could be the difference between getting them all off and bringing some back.

Rural routes are all about working smarter, not harder.

Man Of Brown

What's nice about this run is no commits. As of now no pick ups. Before I had NDA commits of 10:30 and 12:00 plus savers by 15:00 and pick ups.

Downside is I don't know the area well enough to change how I run it. Just run the Orion trace for now.

barnyard

KTM rider
The closer we get to peak, the more you will find yourself having to deliver in EDD order. If you cannot get to section 6, there is no point fighting it.

Man Of Brown

If it is not snowing yet, when you are going in and out of driveways, note which ones you want to stay out of when the snow flies. Pay very close attention to turn arounds and watch for unexpected stuff to be in the turn arounds.

That's good advice. Thanks!

YellowSox

Sounds like a rural route. A country route has way more miles and fewer pieces.
I don't know... I have done country routes that get me 200 miles with about 210 stops on them between 2-3 different "towns". Too much work too even for me... Well, just not enough daylight in the day otherwise I wouldn't even bother complaining (which I'm really not, I guess).

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I don't know... I have done country routes that get me 200 miles with about 210 stops on them between 2-3 different "towns". Too much work too even for me... Well, just not enough daylight in the day otherwise I wouldn't even bother complaining (which I'm really not, I guess).
They'll load you up if you let them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Rural and country are one in the same.
Nah, I ran a rural route that was delivering a mix of in the woods and tight residential, but I wouldn't consider it a country run because it was only about 25 minutes from the center and I only put about 90 miles a day on the truck with about 140 stops and that was very rural.

Country runs usually have considerably less stops often under 90, higher mileage often a couple hundred miles usually covering a very large area and often have a bunch of dirt roads/pastures.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Appreciate it!
300 piece training route???On my pig route I touch 800+ a day and am still an hour over...looks like I need to get them to take some work off