Courtesy Manners, Call Forward, Cell Phones with peers, support and Management

over9five

Staff member
I think it's stupid, unprofessional, and just plain dangerous to talk on a cellphone while driving a commercial vehicle.

I'm just saying it is contractually allowed, and UPS can't very well tell you not to when it's in black and white in a mutually agreed upon contract. Anyone who is getting talked to about this should refer their center manager to 18 - 8.

Look for that to be changed in the next contract

407, It isnt legal via contract to have blue tooth at all look below. You could hold the phone to your ear if its legal in your state but no blue tooth. I even found a loop hole for me. I can talk on my phone if Im not holding it and its on speaker phone but under no other condition.

article 18-8 b says: Head sets and ear phones shall not be allowed Sordf

Swordfish we had a decision at the panel that allows the use of a blue tooth. There is know disicipline for blue tooth where I'm at it is how it is. Ps I don't know what the hell I did with this post I am on an I phone and still trying to figure out how to use it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

31Tx8%2B7TUdL._SS500_.jpg

The scary ones are grandma and grandpa whos holding the phone to their ear like a banana and not paying one ounce of attention to anything.
Not any scarier than a teenager or someone in their 30's holding the phone to their ear like a banana and not paying one ounce of attention to anything.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Pet Peeve;

In for 6 month counseling, phone rings, evaluator / Manager says I must check this......

It is next level boss for counselor, they "MUST" talk to boss, lose flow of conversation to answer boss during counseling.....

You request outside assistance for PE that you are paying for i.e. Air conditioning HVAC repair....

HVAC person gets call in the middle of conversation with you of the problem and expense for repair....

They ignore you, lose train of thought to answer Cell phone call for another job........

Talking to peer, business related conversation, very important to you....

His girl friend calls, He answers, you are deferred until his personal business is completed.....

I hate Cell phones, call forward that does not go to voice mail, and the ignorant year 2000 and beyond lack of manners that prevail...

What about you ? Whoops you are probably an offender who is blind to the art of complete conversations and scared not to answer your phone immediately...

129164530341851913.jpg

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Very Funny.

I think Mary E, the OP was executed or paroled.

The genesis of this thread is amazing.

I propose we discuss breeds of cats now:happy-very:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Does anyone else think a cell phone is a distraction while driving around trying to find addresses??? But I guess its about the same as having an on road sup riding with you every other day just...just sayin'
The phone is a distraction, the supe gets ignored.:wink2:

I think it's stupid, unprofessional, and just plain dangerous to talk on a cellphone while driving a [-]commercial[/-] vehicle.

I'm just saying it is contractually allowed, and UPS can't very well tell you not to when it's in black and white in a mutually agreed upon contract. Anyone who is getting talked to about this should refer their center manager to 18 - 8.

Look for that to be changed in the next contract
I agree with clueless on this one.

+1

:smart:

Couldn't agree more!

:clap:
+1

Very Funny.

I think Mary E, the OP was executed or paroled.

The genesis of this thread is amazing.

I propose we discuss breeds of cats now:happy-very:
MEOW!???