Covid-19 Paid Leave (EPL) information

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Here's my dilemma. I was quarantined while on vacation and then returned to work after the 10days. They paid 5 days obviously no double dipping. 3 days back to work and I'm receiving a phone call from Ups Nurse saying I'm was named in contact with Covid Postive employee. Quarantine again. She submitted my info and it was denied. Covid leave only allowed once and I didnt even use the full 10 days of pay because half was vacation. Cant apply for Short term because I'll only be out 7days and that kicks in after the initial 7days. Company tells me I cant goto work and now I dont get paid either. What a crock if SH**t. Union president contacted and he is working to figure it out.

Did you file a grievance? MOU is considered part of the contract. Nowhere on the MOU does it say that the days have to be continuous.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Here's my dilemma. I was quarantined while on vacation and then returned to work after the 10days. They paid 5 days obviously no double dipping. 3 days back to work and I'm receiving a phone call from Ups Nurse saying I'm was named in contact with Covid Postive employee. Quarantine again. She submitted my info and it was denied. Covid leave only allowed once and I didnt even use the full 10 days of pay because half was vacation. Cant apply for Short term because I'll only be out 7days and that kicks in after the initial 7days. Company tells me I cant goto work and now I dont get paid either. What a crock if SH**t. Union president contacted and he is working to figure it out.
That’s complete bs....especially since it was the company telling you to go back to quarantine. You should have a slam dunk case. Make some phone calls, don’t give up on this

Trump2020

Update took Covid test yesterday came back today negative. Company still wont allow me back until after the 6th. Spoke with Union President havent heard back in 3 days "I'm gunna make a few calls" he said. Oh I'm gunna put up a fight for sure.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
I guess the complaint of nothing being done was premature. Might have been that the business agent was making the calls all along and waiting for the results to come back to make a determination. The grievance process is slow sometimes but it can work.