Covid Procedures

Does UPS do contact tracing? I had an employee test positive this week, I passed the info onto my Manager and so far nothing from anyone else. I am symptom free but I also had another employee come down with a sudden sickness. Probably not the first place I should be asking this but I'm not confortable going to any management right now as their information is just having us sign some paper informing us and our employees that someone tested positive in our hub.

542thruNthru

Does UPS do contact tracing? I had an employee test positive this week, I passed the info onto my Manager and so far nothing from anyone else. I am symptom free but I also had another employee come down with a sudden sickness. Probably not the first place I should be asking this but I'm not confortable going to any management right now as their information is just having us sign some paper informing us and our employees that someone tested positive in our hub.
UPS does the absolute bare minimum they have to. Be happy they actually give you a paper to sign. Here it's just word of mouth.

SaladTosser

Kill me now
I just found out I shared a truck with someone who was positive. I’m quarantining now and my test isn’t for a couple days. What is the procedure to get the 80 hours of pay?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I just found out I shared a truck with someone who was positive. I’m quarantining now and my test isn’t for a couple days. What is the procedure to get the 80 hours of pay?
No $ till you test positive, even then I heard it’s as hard as getting a refund from UPS
🧔✊

Dumbo

Lol I covered a route a couple months ago of someone with Covid. I don't give a :censored2:. Also surface transmission is almost non existent.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Search for Emergency Paid Leave on upsers.com

UPSers with a positive test for COVID-19
UPSers with a member of their immediate household with positive test for COVID-19
UPSers who are mandated to quarantine by UPS Health & Safety, a treating physician, or a public health official

wilberforce15

Just come to work if you're not feeling sick. There are a dozen asymptamtic people who weren't tested already passing it around in any given hub anyway.

PPH_over_9000

Lol I covered a route a couple months ago of someone with Covid. I don't give a *. Also surface transmission is almost non existent.

Almost but not quite non-existent:

A study from the New England Journal of Medicine investigated how long SARS-CoV-2 would survive on various surfaces, including plastic, stainless steel, copper, and cardboard. The findings suggest that the virus could survive for:

• 4 hours on copper
  • 24 hours on cardboard
  • 72 hours on plastic and steel

That said, I'm honestly not worried about it. The conflicting information on this virus is ridiculous and, combined with the amount of straight up misinformation surrounding it, I've become completely indifferent to this whole pandemic thing.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
I found out a co worker has covid and management is keeping it a secret.This seems highly illegal imo.Is ups liable for not notifying me that someone I've been in contact with has covid?

quad decade guy

I found out a co worker has covid and management is keeping it a secret.This seems highly illegal imo.Is ups liable for not notifying me that someone I've been in contact with has covid?
And so?

Is it illegal or not? Your opinion means.....wait for it...... MEANS NOTHING!

Now, unethical? Maybe. Reckless? Maybe.

Do you want them to tell other employees your health problems? WHATEVER....they may be?

BTW, you come in contact with covid......EVERYDAY!

The answer to your question is no. Matter of fact, it might be just the opposite.

BTW, just because you came in "contact " doesn't mean anything.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
...what would you exactly like them to do? announce it at the pcm? NOW GET BACK INTO THE TRAILER AND START UNLOADING!
✊🧔

BrownStains

I covered a route this week . Management told me the guy is out because somebody he lives with has COVID but said they don’t know if he has it. Unless they’re lying

over9five

Staff member
We have vehicles sanitized pretty often. Problem is, by the time anyone has tested positive (so that they'll sanitize it), 4 or 5 other people have used the vehicle.
Huge surge happening in Chema right now.

BrownStains

I think they wipe them down periodically. I wear gloves and mask anyway and I’m religious on using hand sanitizer. This route is like COVIDville though. There is a bunch of busy retail Businesses in a congested area. Also there is a ppp pickup at a nursing type home I picked up multiple biological substance , probably covid tests.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I think they wipe them down periodically. I wear gloves and mask anyway and I’m religious on using hand sanitizer. This route is like COVIDville though. There is a bunch of busy retail Places in a congested area. Also there is a ppp pickup at a nursing type home I picked up multiple biological substance , probably covid tests.
I wouldn’t worry about it too much buddy ..I deliver to some big hospitals and top dog doctors and they don’t seem to think it’s a big deal. Just turn off Fox News and enjoy life.
✊🧔

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
And so?

Is it illegal or not? Your opinion means.....wait for it...... MEANS NOTHING!

Now, unethical? Maybe. Reckless? Maybe.

Do you want them to tell other employees your health problems? WHATEVER....they may be?

BTW, you come in contact with covid......EVERYDAY!

The answer to your question is no. Matter of fact, it might be just the opposite.

BTW, just because you came in "contact " doesn't mean anything.
Your opinion means just as much