Covid vaccine.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
There was never any such thing as a "Death Panel" proposed.

Old white people are funny.... you'll believe anything you see on Facebook.
The concept of a 'death panel' was used to create opposition to Obamacare. And while it was hyperbole and a questionable tactic, the fact remains that the medical community has been discussing this subject for years prior to Obamacare. The moral and ethical question was 'when does it become no longer cost-effective to treat the mortally afflicted elderly'. As medical care becomes catastrophically expensive, the question will recur, and someone, somewhere, will determine whether you are worth keeping alive.

oldngray

nowhere special
The concept of a 'death panel' was used to create opposition to Obamacare. And while it was hyperbole and a questionable tactic, the fact remains that the medical community has been discussing this subject for years prior to Obamacare. The moral and ethical question was 'when does it become no longer cost-effective to treat the mortally afflicted elderly'. As medical care becomes catastrophically expensive, the question will recur, and someone, somewhere, will determine whether you are worth keeping alive.
There were death panels. Just not by that name.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Insurance companies make these decisions every day. The question is do you want the government making them.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

So how many of you are going to encourage your pregnant wives/girlfriends or daughters to get the vaccination?

wilberforce15

So how many of you are going to encourage your pregnant wives/girlfriends or daughters to get the vaccination?
Nobody with any sense. My wife doesn't want it, and I wouldn't let her get it anyway.

- Guy with pregnant wife

trickpony1

Nobody with any sense. My wife doesn't want it, and I wouldn't let her get it anyway.

- Guy with pregnant wife
It's a known fact that smoking/drinking/drug use while pregnant can have harmful effects on a fetus so, what the heck, let's slam the vulnerable fetus with some more toxic poison like the vax.

Does anyone remember thalidomide?

Didn't think so.....

wilberforce15

The question is do you want a for profit insurance company making that decision?
You and the rest of the people on this forum answer that quite well.

The insurance company is going to cover me much better, because you guys want to deny care on the basis of perceived bigotry, not following doc's advice, etc.

You'll give money to smokers or drug addicts, but not cover an unvaccinated person.

Yeah, I'll take my risk with an evil corporation over your evil.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

The insurance company is going to cover me much better, because you guys want to deny care on the basis of perceived bigotry, not following doc's advice, etc.

You'll give money to smokers or drug addicts, but not cover an unvaccinated person.

And they are evil 👿

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I thought Dr Emanuel said people should only live til 75?

PT Car Washer

I have worked for a for profit corporation for over 4 decades and I see how they treat people. If you are not making them money you are a liability. For profit insurance companies are the same. They hate to pay out claims.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Disinformation.
These are the kind of fascist Democrats you want to be in charge of your healthcare:

Screenshot_20210811-233915_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210811-234551_Chrome.jpg

wilberforce15

I have worked for a for profit corporation for over 4 decades and I see how they treat people. If you are not making them money you are a liability. For profit insurance companies are the same. They hate to pay out claims.
You agree with whatever the government says, so you will not be blacklisted from care. So, it's easy for you to prefer them.

wilberforce15

Do you ever go back and read what you type to see if it makes any sense at all? Obviously you don't.
No one is going to blacklist you.

i've been banned from half a dozen social media sites, and people on this site advocate for me not to receive care.

So, it's a fair conclusion. The position that I should be excluded does exist.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American