Covid19 compensation program

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Yet you're not young enough to know how to post a link just a screen shot from your crappy iphone5
Actually it’s my email lol... and it’s iPhone 3..
ADD57166-4F8C-478E-B244-3AB5AB583790.gif

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
It's up.
Link just goes to the login portal.

UPS remains committed to the health and wellbeing of our people around the world as the COVID-19 situation continues to unfold.

Emergency Paid Leave for Those Directly Affected by COVID-19

To support our people during these unprecedented times, UPS along with the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) and International Association of Machinists (IAM) have developed a new emergency paid leave compensation program for union-represented employees in U.S. Small Package. Eligibility for the two-week paid emergency leave includes:

• UPSers with a positive test for COVID-19
  • UPSers with a member of their immediate household with positive test for COVID-19
  • UPSers who are mandated to quarantine by UPS Health & Safety, a treating physician, or a public health official
800w_PaidLeave1_v4.jpg

The two week Emergency Leave benefit will be paid as:

• 8 hours per work day for full-time employees, up to a maximum of 10 work days
  • 3.5 hours per work day for part-time employees, up to a maximum of 10 work days
  • Health & Welfare and / or Pension contributions will be made as appropriate for these hours
After 10 days of pay, those participating in the emergency leave program can use accrued paid time off (sick days, option days, vacations) if further leave is needed. Any person participating in this program will not have missed days counted as an attendance issue.

Individuals who self-quarantine because of health concerns may use sick days or option days if available under the contract. If they are later diagnosed with COVID-19, they will have those days returned to their banks and they will be eligible for the pay listed above.

This benefit will be retroactive for anyone who met the above criteria prior to March 17.

The program does not apply in situations where a UPS building may be shut down and is unable to operate.

UPS, the IBT and the IAM are committed to further discussions as necessary as this current situation evolves.

542thruNthru

I hate to sound political but I do have to laugh at Teamsters United taking credit for the win because they got 15,000 signatures. That's not even impressive if it was just from the 250,000 UPS teamsters.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Just reading this now. So if you're actually diagnosed with the covid, you only get 3 days of emergency paid leave then on to short term disability. This is what's posted on the chart. Our short term disability here sucks! Something like $300 a week.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
But if mandated to quarantine I get the full 10 days. Ok, I guess. Just weird that's all.

If you get diagnosed you will be out of work 14 days minimum for the disability pay. If the governor or the mayor tells you to stay home you get the full 40 hours for 2 weeks, not sick.