Covid19 compensation program

MattM

We shut down and the union cuts medical insurance off.
Do you think we can use PTO to extend all insurance if a closure happens? Or would paychecks stop etc.?

maybe I need to cash out all my PTO before this company closes and runs off with everything.
I have about 14 weeks worth of pay backlogged.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Do you think we can use PTO to extend all insurance if a closure happens? Or would paychecks stop etc.?

maybe I need to cash out all my PTO before this company closes and runs off with everything.
I have about 14 weeks worth of pay backlogged.
The strike fund is there. They should use that money.

Overpaid Union Thug

If we are well and are ordered to quarantine then no one will be able to come to work and the building will definitely have to shut down. That means each employee in that building isn’t eligible for the 10 days of pay. Wow. Corporate REALLY did think this one through didn’t they? LOL! But the general public doesn’t know the details and that’s all that matters. Optics are the priority here. Meanwhile....some other companies with allot less cash than UPS closed their stores are paying their employees’ salaries during that time.

542thruNthru

If we are well and are ordered to quarantine then no one will be able to come to work and the building will definitely have to shut down. That means each employee in that building isn’t eligible for the 10 days of pay. Wow. Corporate REALLY did think this one through didn’t they? LOL! But the general public doesn’t know the details and that’s all that matters. Optics are the priority here. Meanwhile....some other companies with allot less cash than UPS closed their stores are paying their employees’ salaries during that time.

Why wouldn't they be eligible for 10 days of pay if ordered to quarantine and the building shuts down?

Grey

UPS is going to sodomize us. You can count on that.

FabulousUnsightlyChrysalis-small.gif

BlackCat

LMFAO.. Corporate was eager to release this mess today?

So if my wife is infected I make MORE money? Tell me more..

Overpaid Union Thug

LMFAO.. Corporate was eager to release this mess today?

So if my wife is infected I make MORE money? Tell me more..
And we make less (Southern Supplement) getting the WuhanVirus than if a family member does. LOL. And apparently nothing if our building gets shut down due to quarantine. LOL.

Picturing the corporate snakes sitting around a conference table spitballing this idea makes me laugh.
Meanwhile.....companies with much less cash than Big Brown are closed and are just straight up paying their employees their salaries while closed down.

BlackCat

And we make less (Southern Supplement) getting the WuhanVirus than if a family member does. LOL. And apparently nothing if our building gets shut down due to quarantine. LOL.

Picturing the corporate snakes sitting around a conference table spitballing this idea makes me laugh.
Meanwhile.....companies with much less cash than Big Brown are closed and are just straight up paying their employees their salaries while closed down.

I am going to assume the chart is just wrong and that it is really supposed to be 10 sick days then short term disability afterwards.

MattM

I am going to assume the chart is just wrong and that it is really supposed to be 10 sick days then short term disability afterwards.
Nope. It’s right. Three paid days before short term disability kicks in.
For my supplement, based on years of service, you may have 13 weeks at 100%, then 13 weeks at 60%, or all the down to new guys who get 1 week at 100% and 60% for 25 weeks. If you’re brand brand new under a year, you get 26 weeks at 60% of your wage. I believe it’s capped at $200/wk

so yeah. For those 7 other days, they don’t want to pay the majority of new guys that extra 40% they are owned.
So it’s best to have a family member get sick, get tested, and you yourself ONLY go to the doctor to get a note. Don’t get tested. Just self quarantine.

What a way to curb the virus lol. Good job ups.

they assume if a driver gets it, he’s not just out of work 10 days. It’ll be much longer so they are already setting them up to be out for an extended time at a lower pay scale

Last edited:

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
National emergency. HIPAA is suspended because officials need that information quickly.

This leave policy has no value at all to us. The current trend is shutting the whole :censored2: down. Schools, restaurants, bars, borders. And as stated underneath the pretty little flow charts; that leaves us out in the cold.