Covid19 Emergency Pay?

IAmUPSet

My supervisor and HR have stopped me from entering the building because I was sick, they have quarantined me for health and safety reasons. It's been about 3 weeks to a month. I applied for the emergency pay and sent to to them on week 2. Havent heard anything about it, or had seen pay. What do I do?

Last edited:
M

MenInBrown

My supervisor and HR have stopped me from entering the building because I was sick, they have quarantined me for health and safety reasons. It's been about 3 weeks to a month. I applied for the emergency pay and sent to to them on week 2. Havent heard anything about it, or had seen pay. What do I do?
Contact an attorney. Contact the NLRB if the union will not help.

Indecisi0n

Did you contact the emergency hotline? HR and ups has nothing to do with this program.

ManInBrown

That’s crazy, so management in your building is refusing to allow you to come to work? They better be paying you, for every day you’re out. I’m not saying they are right or wrong. If you are sick you shouldn’t be there. But you have to be paid.

Siveriano

filled the form on the 27th and got this email on the 2nd
upload_2020-4-6_16-48-28.png

DRporch

I’m in the same scenario, the hotline wants a dr note proof even though ups was not allowing me to come back to work. I went to the hospital to be tested no test was given. Hospital wouldn’t give a dr note, So far I contacted my BA he said to ask for a supervisor don’t deal with the normal people on that hotline. But so far 3 weeks as well with talks with a bunch of people and each email response taking 5-7 days i am not much further. My BA said try the supervisor route first and after that we will see what to do

542thruNthru

I’m in the same scenario, the hotline wants a dr note proof even though ups was not allowing me to come back to work. I went to the hospital to be tested no test was given. Hospital wouldn’t give a dr note, So far I contacted my BA he said to ask for a supervisor don’t deal with the normal people on that hotline. But so far 3 weeks as well with talks with a bunch of people and each email response taking 5-7 days i am not much further. My BA said try the supervisor route first and after that we will see what to do

Have you contacted your manager? When you tell the hotline that your manager is forcing you to quarantine what are they saying?

Are you able to get in contact with your steward and have him/her file a grievance for your garunteed hours that the company is not allowing you to get?

DRporch

It was some ups nurse who’s been the one who wasn’t allowing me to come back, im giving them one more chance after talking with my BA and then I will be filling. The 5-7 day waiting period per email is the real killer here

Anarchy86

It was some ups nurse who’s been the one who wasn’t allowing me to come back, im giving them one more chance after talking with my BA and then I will be filling. The 5-7 day waiting period per email is the real killer here
Sounds like the same stuff im dealing with. Except they want me back at work.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Sounds like the same stuff im dealing with. Except they want me back at work.
You've been off three weeks to a month...how long do you think you should be out at this point? I can understand wanting to get paid for the 14 day period but why are you still out of work?

Anarchy86

You've been off three weeks to a month...how long do you think you should be out at this point? I can understand wanting to get paid for the 14 day period but why are you still out of work?
Ive only been off 16 days. I wanted to find out why the hell I haven't been paid before I go back to risk my safety.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Ive only been off 16 days. I wanted to find out why the hell I haven't been paid before I go back to risk my safety.

I must be missing something...your words,

they have quarantined me for health and safety reasons. It's been about 3 weeks to a month.

Still on your side about getting paid while out for 14 days but why are you still out? After the 10 days the company is (supposed to or hopefully will pay ) you will have to take FMLA or STD. So are you out on your terms or are the docs telling you to stay out?

iruhnman630

you should have gotten a response by now...

20200331_211440.jpg

Anarchy86

I must be missing something...your words,

Still on your side about getting paid while out for 14 days but why are you still out? After the 10 days the company is (supposed to or hopefully will pay ) you will have to take FMLA or STD. So are you out on your terms or are the docs telling you to stay out?
I meant we were both having problems getting paid for the leave. I'm back tomorrow. They couldn't care less if I got cleared to come back.

ManInBrown

That’s BS. Ask them where to pick up your paycheck for the days you were told you were not allowed to work, per the UPS nurse.