Covid19, what if...

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Wow, I knew you were a sycophant and a bootlicker, but I think you might actually be psychotic. There truly is no end to which you won’t go to defend this company.

I'm not defending anything. I'm telling you that there is no liability issue. Doesn't matter if we're talking about FedEx, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kroger, Walgreen's. Sorry that you're incapable of objective and critical thought and rely on your emotional bias against FedEx.

It will be fine

It's not about being reasonable. It's about slowing the spread, especially to more vulnerable people. If FedEx can't follow these simple guidelines, they need to just shutdown completely. Not everything is about the bottom line or profit. It's about human lives. Pretty sad when a so called business man such as yourself can't see beyond your bank account.
I’m glad you admit your critique is not about being reasonable.

fatboy33

My station had a case where the employee decided to go to a antibody tracing testing location on their own time and money and found out was asymptomatically positive. Because, the employee was "C19 positive", Senior put the employee on a mandatory 14 self-quarantine and must be tested again until negative.
Will the employee get a positive result again if tested again after the 14 days?
I was under the impression, having the antibodies meant the body has built up
I was told there is a station in my state, Alabama, where several employees tested positive. A number of other couriers were refusing to come in for safety reasons. Managers from other stations have been driving there to do deliveries since that station is so shorthanded right now. That station is really the only one in that section of the state, so it really isn't feasible for freight to be diverted.

I am generally the last person to find out anything at my station; just do my job and mind my own business, but it seemed odd that we basically had no morning managers several days in a row, so I asked and was told they had to do deliveries at this other station.
Yes. This is what they're planning here. They want to hire 10 couriers, just in case we get hit badly. But the million dollar question is, what happens when those 10 couriers have nothing to do? Hopefully/ maybe they can be sent to other locations which need help. This would be a reasonable ideal, rather than fight over hours with 30 year vets.

SmithBarney

What is the companies plan if, say, 2 employees test positive? Will they close the station for a period of time for deep cleaning and divert that freight to another station? Or will they just have the 2 employees stay away for 14 days and let the station remain open and let the contacted employees work on? Just curious.
They never told us, we found out by facebook(2 weeks later), one person was a friend, and spread by word of mouth. Station never closed to receive a "deep clean"

floridays

Read and learn.
If an employee is confirmed to have COVID-19, employers should inform fellow employees of their possible exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace but maintain confidentiality as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).

Should, not must.
Possible exposure, good luck proving culpability

I think you're riding a dog, not a pony.

Serf

I have an immune system, I eat healthy & exercise. I’m part of the several thousand years humanity evolved and lived thru much more horrendous things/events. I’m over it.