Coworker showed up drunk

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We had a feeder driver who came in snockered. On the way from the parking lot, he talked to several guys before he got into the building. They all realized he was drunk. To a man, all his coworkers told him to turn around, and not report to work. Call in sick, say you overslept, or whatever. He insisted he was alright. When he punched in, the dispatcher smelled him reeking of alcohol. Blood test confirmed it. He threw away a 20+ year career that day. Sad.

john chesney

Is this one of those things where you should tell your sup what is going on or do you just turn a blind eye and pretend nothing is wrong because management is the enemy?
They older I get I find myself saying none of my business. I know you don’t want to see anyone get hurt but I’m just at that point none of my business. There are exceptions to this like abusing a child, elderly or other circumstances were I would interject immediately

Zowert

I would’ve said “hey man I know you’re :censored2: faced. You need to go and tell management that you’re sick and need to go home. If you don’t I’ll be forced to tell them the truth because you’re gonna kill someone.”

Sure he has to drive home. But it’s better something happens in his personal car than in a UPS truck.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I would’ve said “hey man I know you’re :censored2: faced. You need to go and tell management that you’re sick and need to go home. If you don’t I’ll be forced to tell them the truth because you’re gonna kill someone.”

Sure he has to drive home. But it’s better something happens in his personal car than in a UPS truck.

You didn’t really think that through

Did you?

:censored2: management! I had the same thing happen a few months ago. The driver I loaded for was coming in geeked out on meth. He was a runner gunner so largely left alone and always kept his head down. The way he.. moved and spoke, one day, which is what finally did it for me.

I told the guy hey look I know I'm just a dude you work with and I'm down with pot and mushrooms and :censored2:, but it's getting to be very obvious you tooted or shooted before work.. it is only a matter of time until management sees or starts to care.

He's doing better and still has a job.