Coyote Logistics

brett636

If anyone has bothered to try to login to Upsers.com recently you will see a picture of a bunch of 20 somethings posing with Coyote Logistics t-shirts. As a feeder driver I have to admit I take that as a bit of a slap in the face in light of all the subcontracting going on and Coyote being the new division that is leading the way. Subcontracting is allowed on the UPS Freight side and my guess is the company will push hard during this negotiation period to relax subcontracting language just like they have on Freight. Some say Coyote is on its way to becoming the new feeder division, but my thinking is they will take over a lot of the longer hauls we do in feeders and leave us the short runs and local work. I've seen my seniority board expand dramatically in the last few years, but those on the bottom end of it could really be hurt if Coyote is allowed to take our existing work in the future. Anyone else noticing all the subcontractors(and their tell tale stench) around your buildings? What is everyone saying about it?

Attachments

• Coyote logistics.jpg
    Coyote logistics.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 613

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Its eliminating jobs. We saw it the past 2 peaks. Runs are subcontracted and drivers are forced onto pickups or shifting in the yard.
Now they are doing it this summer. Terrible. 930am runs are subcontracted while guys on layoff won't get called to work until10pm.
The guys at the bottom are too green to stand up for themselves. Guys at the top don't care.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That picture on UPSers is the new group of division and regional managers that just got promoted across the nation....they want old time upper mgt out and make these 20 somethings the future of ups....feel bad for center managers who have a 25 year old DM and a 26 year old regional manager.....they don't want people like @Dragon here anymore.....just wait until they take their lifetime healthcare....that is right around the corner...

over9five

Staff member
I was thinking it was the best picture I've seen on UPSers! I did not know who they were till I read this thread tho...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The new Coyote Operations Center will be built in Atlanta on Ottley Drive, the same street as Sweetwater Brewery and a Fox Brothers BBQ stand. At least their lunch options will be good.

LeadBelly

Banned
The new Coyote Operations Center will be built in Atlanta on Ottley Drive, the same street as Sweetwater Brewery and a Fox Brothers BBQ stand. At least their lunch options will be good.
Last time I was in Atlanta I went to this whole in the wall and had the best BBQ I ever did have. I don't remember the name.

silenze

Ups barely hired anyone to cover summer vacations and now they are already entirely dependent on contractors.
Coyote only works when there is an excess supply of truckers. We already have loads sitting not making service. They are begging for contractors to pull loads. It will never work.

ManInBrown

I know I've read on here about feeders drivers being bumped backed into the building. I'm curious how something like this would affect me. I spoke with a feeder steward I see in my building at night when I'm leaving and he said in the 177 there is no bump back inside or bumped back to package. You're a feeder driver, that what you are. No being bumped anywhere in the 177. so how would this affect someone like me going into feeder in the next few months?

silenze

I know I've read on here about feeders drivers being bumped backed into the building. I'm curious how something like this would affect me. I spoke with a feeder steward I see in my building at night when I'm leaving and he said in the 177 there is no bump back inside or bumped back to package. You're a feeder driver, that what you are. No being bumped anywhere in the 177. so how would this affect someone like me going into feeder in the next few months?
They would layoff the most jr driver. They would call that person in as needed for pickups or single day vacations / call ins.

NJ may have local language that prevents them from allowing contractors in the yard.

ManInBrown

They would layoff the most jr driver. They would call that person in as needed for pickups or single day vacations / call ins.

NJ may have local language that prevents them from allowing contractors in the yard.
They're not allowed in the yard. We have signs posted at our building when you're pulling in, no contractors allowed. Call so and so number. But we are not a hub. Fairly small building. 2 centers.

So what does that mean exactly? I heard there was a staging area not to far away, but who pulls the loads down there for a contractor during peak? Or does that mean no contractors where I am?

silenze

You have to work as directed. The shifters move the loads. You grieve it. It gets settled months later. And they pretend everything worked. When they could have hired a few more drivers for less.