Crappy hin #s

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Anyone else have to load/deal with bad load charts

I'm talking ALL OF THE BULK on shelf 3
ALL OF THE DOCKS on shelf 1
add-cuts to deliver at the start of the day on shelf 8

For the past year I have been building custom loads, ignoring one-day changes in favor of where things normally should be going.

Slowly, every week, the piece count has gone up, the hins getting dumber and dumber to deal with.

Now with all of my former drivers either on disability/ retired / moved centers, my best piece of advice is to stop fixing that s* and shift the blame to your lazy dispatch managers, ask them where you should put all the goddam pieces that wont fit anymore. It is the only way they will learn unfortunately.

Level1Enemy

Yup. I only use charts for a general proportion of how much space I should allocate for a section, since they're almost always prematurely printed. My manager seems to forget there are two sides to a truck so one side will be bricked out and spilling over while the other is damn near empty. I kid you not I've even seen pieces going to the same address on the same day going into different trucks. I'm not sure whether I should be laughing or depressed at the incompetance displayed.

BUCN85

Yea one day they gave me an add cut of a split car with 22 stops.5-6 different roads none close to one another(rural route) All the same hin. So after I got my air and some bulk off I had to try to sort that mess

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hand to surface, might be fragile...

OYzpJQ.gif

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I love my Monday dispatch when five different dock stops at five different addresses nowhere near each other are loaded on the MFR (mother :censored2:ing right). I’d like to find the guy who who changed the FL1 spot to these new confusing mfrmflaeiou and sometimes y locations.

WTFm8

Especially when they fall against the bulkhead door and you can't open it...

Bent the latch pretty good the other week cause the truck was bricked out and something shifted pinning bulkhead closed.

I wasn’t unloading to crawl up front.

BUCN85

I love my Monday dispatch when five different dock stops at five different addresses nowhere near each other are loaded on the MFR (mother :censored2:ing right). I’d like to find the guy who who changed the FL1 spot to these new confusing mfrmflaeiou and sometimes y locations.
Don’t you love when you have 3 bulk stops all HIN’d to RDR etc etc...

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Anyone else have to load/deal with bad load charts

I'm talking ALL OF THE BULK on shelf 3
ALL OF THE DOCKS on shelf 1
add-cuts to deliver at the start of the day on shelf 8

For the past year I have been building custom loads, ignoring one-day changes in favor of where things normally should be going.

Slowly, every week, the piece count has gone up, the hins getting dumber and dumber to deal with.

Now with all of my former drivers either on disability/ retired / moved centers, my best piece of advice is to stop fixing that s* and shift the blame to your lazy dispatch managers, ask them where you should put all the goddam pieces that wont fit anymore. It is the only way they will learn unfortunately.

Our dispatch manager is an alcoholic.
Got something on the center manager, apparently, because we can't get rid of him.

And yeah, the piece counts are higher than they were.

And gotta love those sheets. Printed 10 minutes late, and they still show 50 pieces per truck.

I actually tried your solution, once. Put *everything* where it was "supposed" to go.
Pretty epic fallout. I caught some heat for it.
It was enough that I decided to keep trying to fix their dumb system.

Easier to load it the right way, and just stack out.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Don’t you love when you have 3 bulk stops all HIN’d to RDR etc etc...
This would actually be a solution for one of my vehicles. a couple docks on a business roundabout and a gate (very easy to get the code) to another street.
As a result. One stop goes Rdr. 4 stops have hins around the 3000s. and the last 3 are in the 7000s.

It would not be the best... but fairly doable to simply cram all those pieces in the back. Not the end of the world to drive back n fourth as the docks are all a minute away.