Craziest things you were yelled at for

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
You can also change your social security number by one digit but dont forget to change it back at night or your payroll could be wrong!
They stopped using SS#'s here years ago and went to employee ID#'s.
I'm glad they did. I hated my number floating around for anyone to use!

How About Those People Who Yell 'slow Down! In The Neighborhood Your In And You're Going Less Than 10 Mph...

I Got Yelled At Because I Would'nt Wait Till This Pot Bellied Receiver Talking On His Cell Phone Was Done. Can;t Stand Asking Other People To Check Me In And The Answer Is Always.."he's The Only One That Can Sign"....how Many Times Does This Happen During The Day??

Sidecar & Black box.. Are you one in the same? Could'nt help but notice in both post's, every word is capitalized... Just an observation.

Dagoof

got a customer complaint that I climbed his gate and walked a mile down his driveway and delivered the pkg at his front door. He wanted me to leave the pkgs at the gate from then on.

Phantom Lord-
In another thread you are asking questions about how much you will make as a new supervisor, that is, if you can out negotiate the wage negotiator and, by the way, that term should probably be "salary negotiator" and in this thread you are lamenting a broken mirror and scrapping the side of your truck and being blamed for it.

I can't speak for others but I don't have much pity for you. Sorry.

Have fun in management.

ooops...never mind

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I Got Yelled At Because I Would'nt Wait Till This Pot Bellied Receiver Talking On His Cell Phone Was Done. Can;t Stand Asking Other People To Check Me In And The Answer Is Always.."he's The Only One That Can Sign"....how Many Times Does This Happen During The Day??

Not the same Blackbox..this was posted Aug 2006. Impostor!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Years ago while leaving the building a sup stopped me and commented that I had been seen for the past 3 days leaving with my bulkhead door open.
I was driving a bubbletop P3 ( Ford Van ) that did not have a bulkhead door.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I hiked an irreg on a handcart 200 yards up long driveway one night during a snowstorm because I was afraid of getting stuck. The customer yelled at me because her package was wet and covered with snow by the time I got to her door.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There was a new mansion-sized house being built on my route....in a rural area 100 feet off of a gravel road. The new owners moved out there from town and within a week the guy chased me down in his car and tried to chew me out for kicking up dust on "his" road. He then announced to me that "the speed limit going by my house is now 5 MPH because I wont have the dust clogging up my hot tub." This is a county road with a posted 35 MPH limit. I politely informed him that he could kiss my butt and call the sheriff on me if he wanted to, but that I wouldnt drive 5 MPH.

This same guy wound up calling the county on one of his neighbors---a farmer whose family had lived there for generations---to complain that the farmer was "making noise" by running has tractor at 8:00 AM. The county pretty much told him the same thing I did, its a gravel road in farm country and if you dont like dust or tractors then move back to town.

over9five

Staff member
There was a big thing going on in Tewksbury last year. People in a new developement complained because they could smell the farm down the road.
Well the farms been there for 200 years. Should have thought of that before you built near one.

disneyworld

There was a big thing going on in Tewksbury last year. People in a new developement complained because they could smell the farm down the road.
Well the farms been there for 200 years. Should have thought of that before you built near one.
Is that the neighborhood that's built near or on the superfund site? I grew up fairly close to this area. On a hot summer day you could smell it a mile away.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Craziest lately...being confronted about pulling down a wire, going down a road:whiteflag: not in a yard or a driveway in the line of traffic, and no I dont know that I did.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
Feeding a dog a treat. All of my customers don't mind if I feed their "wildlife". This one lady was a real you know what.

I always asked permission, I had one dog I used to give treats to, she eventually developed diabestes and carbohydrates were off limits, she hated me after that, could not understand why I stopped treating her, it was sad because she would get so mad and bite at me, so frustrated. It's possible her dog was on a restricted or special diet for some reason.

P

pickup

this is probably the best thread to insert this in as the first 1 minute shows an employee being disciplined. However if you watch the whole thing, you can probably use your imagination to easily see how this might be a day in the life of a ups manager

[video=youtube;4wGR4-SeuJ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wGR4-SeuJ0[/video]