Craziest things you were yelled at for

thessalonian13

I had a national complaint filed against me for leaving 4 car tires in front of a woman's garage door in the rain.... Her complaint was that the tires were now ruined because they were left out in the rain...

thessalonian13

Yes... it was a woman..... she was trying to scam UPS to pay for her "wet and damaged" tires... needless to say UPS didn't buy her story..... my sups had a good laugh over it....

iruhnman630

No joke...I once got yelled at...loudly...for making a delivery on a Saturday. First by the receiving clerk then by the clerks supervisor.

'What are you doing here?' they asked rudely.
'You're supposed to call us!'

Apparently some account rep told them we would call them when we had a delivery.

ups1990

While making a huge QVC box delivery to an upstaris apt. The women yelled at me for opening the door so wide and the cat got out. She wanted me to place it inside her living room, yet not let the cat out.

Tiny Panda

I delivered to a gold course one time, they had a tarmac driveway but dirt/gravel car park. When it was dry you used to get dust everywhere, mainly from the exhaust of the truck which points straight out the side into the dirt, i went in and had a laugh with the guys in there like a normally do then the boss came out and asked if could be a bit more careful as their head captain had been whinging that his car was getting covered in dust. I went back to the truck and found his BMW convertible with the roof down next to the truck, sadly by the time i left it was full of dust.

NHDRVR

How About Those People Who Yell 'slow Down! In The Neighborhood Your In And You're Going Less Than 10 Mph...

I like how I'm told to slow down since diesels are so loud, but it's o.k. for the people who live on the street to drive 20 mph's over the speed limit.

Sammie

A guy wouldn't pay his C.O.D. amount and we kept bringing his
package back to the center. He called screaming that we were
Holding His Package Hostage.

FORDMAN

i had someone call in on me because i backed down there driveway and knocked leaves off there trees. it was mid october. theres a note on the delivery now do not back down driveway. house sits far away from road and they are always getting heavy stuff. rich neighborhood and someone who has nothing better to do.

I had a Sup yell at me back when we were on DIAD I. Another driver (We were always playing jokes on each other) cleared out my name on the DIAD and filled it in with "***** Hole" Now every page had it printed on the bottom of the page. This Sup comes up to me yelling that I could lose my job over this. I laughed and he continued to ream me out telling me that if we had to go to court regarding a customers claim, we would lose since there is no driver by that name. I continued to laugh! He wouldn't let up. Finally I told him "Do you really think I would call myself ***** hole. Don't you think if I was going to do it, that I would call myself something a little bit more flattering" The next day I was Stud Muffin!
Somebody did this to me once they put my name as animal.

Good thread check it out.

rocket man

an old women asked me where the local jail was? she had to pickup her grandson . she asked me the directions to get there I told to punch a cop and she would get there she yelled at me nothing more more.

rocket man

This guy lived on 3rd floor walk up apt he wanted me to bring 4 tires on rims to 3rd floor , I asked are you gonna mount them on the car up in your apt ? he said no we put them in his back seat of his car in parking lot he got over it.

AssistantSanta

I'm a helper, but I've been yelled at or received colorful expressions from consignees.

Friday, I went to this house. They had two packages that sender required signature for. One was NI1, other was NI2. I checked off option B, circled "sender required signature", crossed out the back of the InfoNotice with a sharpie.

Monday, she just left a handwritten note attached to the InfoNotice. This time, NI2 and NI3. I leave a note the same way.

Tuesday, I go back with one package and she's there and I got yelled at for "not following her directions" and not leaving her packages on Monday. I explained I'm not supposed to. She then asked where the other package went and when I told her Monday was the last attempt and that it was RTS, I got b'#%@'d out even more :( I went to the truck to get the driver... they argued more.

Then there was that time driver dropped me off to do one of those Apple NO DR/SDN ok thing while he went to take care of other things at the end of cul-de-sac. Since the driver wasn't back, I just chilled on the porch for like two minutes and consignee came out. Signed for and all good. When this guy had a signature required package next time, driver was waiting in the truck and I waited 20 seconds. Left a note. Well, the next day, I attempt again. Guy came out, complained I left too early and didn't wait two minutes like the last time I was there.

one thing I learned as a helper... I probably should be nicer to the driver that delivers to my house.