crazy :censored: you've seen the FedEx guy do.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Ground and HD drivers are a riot around here.Well let's start with what they drive. Their trucks are typically filthy. Even more than ours. And are in total disrepair. I see them in rentals more than their normal :censored2: heaps.

Now how they drive. They are terrible drivers with lead feet. They'll pull out into traffic even though there next stop is just a ways down the road. They drive at least 10 mph over the speed limit in residential areas. Even when children are present. I've seen them pull out in front of school buses numerous times They nose in driveways. And sometimes that's just too turn around instead of using the culdasac that's two houses down the street.

And FedEx Express loves parking on the wrong side of the road against the flow of traffic. I guess it's because they access the van from the left side? I've seen Ground and HD do this too but they are typically in a UPS type package car so I don't know what that's all about.

They do these things while looking rather scruffy. I laugh out loud when I see them trying to sprint to a house with a giant box in one hand and holding up their shirts/pants with the other. And that's after leaving the box ON the steps leading up to the front porch instead of on the porch and out of sight/out of weather. And while leaving the truck running with the bulkhead door open.

In my area Ground is known to leave commercial stops at docks after they've closed. There is definitely some falsification going on. Some customers have actually told me they rarely see the Ground drivers for their areas but there will be packages waiting on the dock or at the back door every morning.

Other than parking against the flow of traffic I can't say Express is anything like Ground or HD. It does seem that it takes them longer to complete a stop though. Not just compared to Ground and HD but all of us. But they are better drivers and more professional in their appearance than their "contractor" counterparts.
. And guess what, a too b they are just as fast and cheaper..porker
But you aren't on the slim side yourself, are you?
Please,,explain

Holydriver

Not all management are out to get you just like not all drivers are perfect.

People are people. I'm very pro Union but paranoia will stress you out. Do the job by the methods every day every time and they can follow you all they want and nothing will happen.

Chips on shoulders create huge targets.

Not everyone is an ass. On both sides.
i guess there wasnt a personal attack on anyone here. just pointing out the stupid idea that following a driver in order to create a case to fire him is ridiculous.

billerz

Honestly besides nosing into stops, the FedEx drivers in the areas I cover are pretty good. They have good relationships with the customers and while they may not follow our methods, they don't have too.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
On a Saturday morning, while making a delivery attempt at a closed office just off the elevator lobby, I hear the elevator door ding. In the reflection of the glass wall, I see a package fly out of the elevator and hit the wall on the other side. Yes, a brand X delivery, completed.

L

Littlearrowdown

Honestly besides nosing into stops, the FedEx drivers in the areas I cover are pretty good. They have good relationships with the customers and while they may not follow our methods, they don't have too.
FedEx air yes, FedEx ground not so much

underworked1

Yes Dumbo, the fact there market share is growing and we as UPSERS don't have a chance in hell with keeping up with nonunion competition
Their market share us still very very small in comparison. In case you haven't noticed we still churn bigger profits every year as well. You sound like the bitch boy for FedEx. Don't get so butthurt

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
They are allowed to leave bulk stops in their building and come back for the extra later. Even deliver it the next day.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
i guess there wasnt a personal attack on anyone here. just pointing out the stupid idea that following a driver in order to create a case to fire him is ridiculous.
The ridiculous thing is I never mentioned doing anything remotely like that, but you somehow got it in your head that me seeing a FedEx driver=me spying on a UPS driver in attempt to fire him. Wut.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
They are allowed to leave bulk stops in their building and come back for the extra later. Even deliver it the next day.
When we are heavy we routinely let guys leave their end of day res in the building to get when they bring their pickups back. Lets them move around better, and we get pickups back earlier. Win, win.

clean hairy

On a Saturday morning, while making a delivery attempt at a closed office just off the elevator lobby, I hear the elevator door ding. In the reflection of the glass wall, I see a package fly out of the elevator and hit the wall on the other side. Yes, a brand X delivery, completed.
Ace Ventura package delivery service?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
there was a ground driver that delivered on my route who was canned for going into offices when he delivered saying such quotable lines as "hows my bitches today?"

Luke Thighrocker

There is one Express driver locally who likes to pull in to a shopping plaza, park on the wrong side of the road in the middle of a crosswalk.

Sounds dangerous. Almost as if, said driver wanted to get hit by a car.

I don't know any UPSers that put themselves in a position where, they could be hit by oncoming traffic. Do you?