Crazy things they've made us do..

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The two air stops were not taken in to account before he left the building----had they been I would have to think (hope) that Orion would have had him do those air stops first. Either way, you don't drive by 2 air stops regardless of whether you are RDO or ODO.

Common sense has to prevail and making an unnecessary 10 mile round trip just to prove a point was a very poor decision on his part.

Dave made a funny.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
THE STOPS WERE NOT IN EDD SO WOULD NOT BE AFFECTED BY ORION!!!!
I used to think that all the Orion posts on this forum were bogus and from complainers...until we got it. It really does suck doggie lipsticks. Anyway there is a report now that our center has to hit, not only 85% trace but first stop in Orion per trip trace. Seems they would rather have the world end than not do your first stop. Stay cool Dave, you'll see soon enough is all. There is also another report that is stops not in EDD that you generate(misloads, helping others) that throws your centers insane Orion reports out of whack. Again you will see.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You can skip the first stop on ORION with mgmt approval. The driver should have gotten approval when he took the stops....But since he did not, he made the right decision. The air was not late, he hit his first orion stop and since he had stops not in his edd, he can explain the miles. You can deviate once you hit the first stop, but only a small % of the time. Because once you start skipping around you have created a monster.
All we can say is yes you will see, but then in the BOG it will probably be like Clarksville. Many times I have not done as directed, and many times I have been told, including a ride yesterday, that it doesnt matter what I think, I am paid to follow Orion, and I do to the T.
My question is why was a sup running a route?

wayfair

swollen member
It does though. You are supposed to go to your first stop regardless of who you're helping. They stress that everyday. If it doesn't make sense, they can have it changed but regardless your first stop is your first stop.

AND you have a certain amount of time to get to that first stop.

so if there's road construction, traffic delays, etc... you'll be talking to the principal in the morning

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I love when you have air at a stop that wants their stuff early, even though its ground. Yes you can do it if you have time, but you rarely do, because you have 6 or 7 qvcs, and amazons in your 7000 section which are peppered in between air to get your sporh up, instead of just being done with that stop.

wayfair

swollen member
I had a dish network call tag for an apartment a few weeks back that orion wanted me to pick while doing air.... what a shame

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

you can break off when there's 20 minutes left to deliver air so it's not late

If the OP had time to drive 5 miles to his first stop only to turn around and drive 5 miles back to deliver 2 air stops that he could (should) have delivered first then it sounds like he needs more work.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Would the answer be the same if there was a chance the air stops would have been late?
If the OP had time to drive 5 miles to his first stop only to turn around and drive 5 miles back to deliver 2 air stops that he could (should) have delivered first then it sounds like he needs more work.

How many times does it need to be explained to you. If you are told that your first stop made must be the first ORION stop, and if you work as directed, then, you drive by stops given to you after ORION is solved to your first ORION stop.

Simple.

(Say 'hi' to the granddaughter this weekend for me.)

wayfair

swollen member

since you don't know what his route entails, he probably had 10-15 more deliveries to do in between his air stops according to orion.
Orion has eta time stamps for each delivery. So breaking off 5 miles to do those other deliveries puts him behind for the rest of the day, sorta like a snowball effect

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Let's suppose those two air stops were in his EDD. Would Orion have still had him drive by those two stops or would they have been his first two stops?

(I will--thanks)