Credit Score

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
i usually run around 825 - 835 out of 850 possible.
This month it jumped to 846.
Anyone understand why?

I have not had a credit card debt in over 20 years.
It pays to live within one’s means!
Growing up dirt poor will do that to ya.

1B948E59-701A-40C7-95F6-C5A862393FE5.jpeg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Anyone understand why?
It's a proprietary algorithm they don't release how they determine your score, they only give a broad outline of how they weight a few different areas of your credit history.

Also there are dozens of different fico scoring models depending on what you're borrowing for and who you're borrowing from.

It's total nonsense really.

rod

Retired 22 years
Anyone understand why?

I have not had a credit card debt in over 20 years.
It pays to live within one’s means!
Growing up dirt poor will do that to ya.

View attachment 263395
What credit checker do you use and is it really free? I checked mine years ago and somehow ended up with them billing me 10 bucks a month because they put me on their check once a month list. It took 2 more months to get off it. That was a 20 dollar lesson I didn't need.

rod

Retired 22 years
No one cares about the bourgeois’s social credit rating.

Smart people take as much as they’ll give them and never pay it back.
My sister-in-law just passed away from cancer and her husband told me that because her credit cards were in just her name he wasn't obligated to pay them off (and they were some BIG bills).

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
What credit checker do you use and is it really free? I checked mine years ago and somehow ended up with them billing me 10 bucks a month because they put me on their check once a month list. It took 2 more months to get off it. That was a 20 dollar lesson I didn't need.
I get them for free with two of my credit card just printed on the monthly statement.
This I posted in this thread is the only time I got a letter like this and the only thing in the letter.
And I flew up 20 points or so from the norm?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Creditkarma is free but they give a vantagescore not fico.

Most credit cards offer a free score of some kind. Discover and Amex give an actual fico 8 which is what a lot of lenders use. There's a lot of different models.

El Correcto

god is dead
Yes she was. I never realized it worked that way. I just figured because she was married they would come after him to pay.
Don’t worry about it, just juggle credit debt from card to card, especially the 0% interest deals they got. The bourgeois are stupid and like to buy debt, let them.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Don’t worry about it, just juggle credit debt from card to card, especially the 0% interest deals they got. The bourgeois are stupid and like to buy debt, let them.
That's basically what I do as well and this year especially.
I always move stocks around after the first of the year and free up needed cash to get all credit cards paid off.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
These idiots hand out credit like candy.

Credit scores are at an all time high. They stopped dinging people's score for medical debt and tax liens. They loosened the mortgage lending requirements. These bozos don't give a damn they know they'll be bailed out if :censored2: hits the fan.

El Correcto

god is dead
These idiots hand out credit like candy.

Credit scores are at an all time high. They stopped dinging people's score for medical debt and tax liens. They loosened the mortgage lending requirements. These bozos don't give a damn they know they'll be bailed out if :censored2: hits the fan.
Not if my vote counts. To hell with them.
upload_2019-9-15_22-29-3.jpeg