Crickets Chirping...

Oldfart

Ya know fart, I actually kinda like ya but since your daddy obviously never taught you, the measure of a man, or a successful man is not his wealth. It's what he does with his abundance. And I could easily tell you the rest but I think it will mean more when you find out for yourself. As for one of the biggest losers on this forum, I'm a huge winner my father, that has willed and has already bestowed to me(he's passed) great riches belong to me. Don't be propped up by imagination, you're no better than driveindrive out, however you're immeasurably better than MEAT. Take care my friend, add some volunteering to your bucket list.
Take care fart
Once again, if a person must broadcast the donations of his time and $, he might just be doing it for the wrong reason. I donate plenty of both but don't discuss it and if people want to question my efforts, that will just have to be their problem.

Meat

do I get a stale smell of superiority?

To be honest with you, floridays, I have exaggerated myself out of a feeling of inadequacy. I hope this board can forgive me. Truth be hold, I’m a lowly handler, and between my girlfriend and I we have five children (it doesn’t make sense for my girlfriend to work, as that would interfere with her welfare benefits). Money is pretty tight at our household, but we are hoping on a lawsuit pay out soon. When Trump announced his candidacy, we were so certain that he was going to make our lives great, and I still think it will happen, but so far things have remained the same. This country is very tough when you’re poor, and down and out in this here world. What are we supposed to do? It’s not like both my girlfriend and I can get jobs. That’s why I created the Meat persona; I just wanted to feel like a “somebody” for just a moment. I hope the members of this board can see it in their hearts to forgive me - and I would just like to say, god bless president Trump. I know he represents people like my girlfriend and I.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
To be honest with you, floridays, I have exaggerated myself out of a feeling of inadequacy. I hope this board can forgive me. Truth be hold, I’m a lowly handler, and between my girlfriend and I we have five children (it doesn’t make sense for my girlfriend to work, as that would interfere with her welfare benefits). Money is pretty tight at our household, but we are hoping on a lawsuit pay out soon. When Trump announced his candidacy, we were so certain that he was going to make our lives great, and I still think it will happen, but so far things have remained the same. This country is very tough when you’re poor, and down and out in this here world. What are we supposed to do? It’s not like both my girlfriend and I can get jobs. That’s why I created the Meat persona; I just wanted to feel like a “somebody” for just a moment. I hope the members of this board can see it in their hearts to forgive me - and I would just like to say, god bless president Trump. I know he represents people like my girlfriend and I.
image.gif

Sooooo, so far you've been the son of a FedEx executive, now a lowly handler. What's next? Fred S?

floridays

Hey "Likes of me" you da man. I'm still trying to prepare myself to come into your presence. Or should I say "my girlfriend and I" 's presence. How do you like that inflection? I'm sure your mother loves you though.

Old Geezer

Meat

Hey "Likes of me" you da man. I'm still trying to prepare myself to come into your presence. Or should I say "my girlfriend and I" 's presence. How do you like that inflection? I'm sure your mother loves you though.

Old Geezer

Your side won, so now it’s time for everyone else to:

floridays

Once again, if a person must broadcast the donations of his time and $, he might just be doing it for the wrong reason. I donate plenty of both but don't discuss it and if people want to question my efforts, that will just have to be their problem.
I'm sure you're a good guy, what pisses (pees when this is censored) fellow employees off is you're not aware that we won't enjoy the same benefits that were conveyed to us that you will. That is why I say you are a creature of time, not accomplishment. Try as many might to explain this to you, you still don't get it.

Oldfart

I'm sure you're a good guy, what pisses (pees when this is censored) fellow employees off is you're not aware that we won't enjoy the same benefits that were conveyed to us that you will. That is why I say you are a creature of time, not accomplishment. Try as many might to explain this to you, you still don't get it.
I totally understand the Traditional going away. As far as pay, I don't. I made about $4 hr when I started with the company. That was just above minimum wage. I believe minimum wage is $7.50 or so now. Handlers start at about $12.50 or so. BIG difference. I didn't wake up one day and make what I make now. Sure I topped out quick but topped out meant I was making about $10 or so an hour. That wasn't a lot of money back then. I was there when Zapmail almost bankrupted the company and we got no raises and benefits were frozen. I was there when we bought Tigers and money was tight and no raises. I was there before we even did 25k packages a day and money was tight because we got laws changed and we bought our first 27's, 37's. I spent many nights loading Falcons and barely making $60 a week. I saw many of my friends move on to other companies and make more money right away. I stayed and I finally busted $30 hr and feel like I am close to being paid a fair wage. I never understood the pay scale before they came out with the 10 steps because I never asked others what they made. Many on here have made comments because I don't discuss other people's salaries. That is just my way. I know the Portable did me a favor and did no favor to less senior people. I can't help it and neither can anyone else. Tex whines, bitches and cries everyday over that. It does no good except he lives everyday miserable thinking about it. Like I say, if the pay sucks and benefits suck, go find another job. Companies are begging for people with CDL's and driving experience. I know others on here started not long after me and had the same experiences that I had. We have made a decent living and finally started making a good living.

Just wait for the crying to begin when people find out the company is eliminating health insurance to retiree's that are hired after Jan.1. 2018. The insurance for retired employees has gone crazy. Rates are sky high. The company is giving retired employees large lump sum deposits to help pay their premiums. It is making me rethink my next move because I am too young for medicare/medicaid.

floridays

I totally understand the Traditional going away. As far as pay, I don't. I made about $4 hr when I started with the company. That was just above minimum wage. I believe minimum wage is $7.50 or so now. Handlers start at about $12.50 or so. BIG difference. I didn't wake up one day and make what I make now. Sure I topped out quick but topped out meant I was making about $10 or so an hour. That wasn't a lot of money back then. I was there when Zapmail almost bankrupted the company and we got no raises and benefits were frozen. I was there when we bought Tigers and money was tight and no raises. I was there before we even did 25k packages a day and money was tight because we got laws changed and we bought our first 27's, 37's. I spent many nights loading Falcons and barely making $60 a week. I saw many of my friends move on to other companies and make more money right away. I stayed and I finally busted $30 hr and feel like I am close to being paid a fair wage. I never understood the pay scale before they came out with the 10 steps because I never asked others what they made. Many on here have made comments because I don't discuss other people's salaries. That is just my way. I know the Portable did me a favor and did no favor to less senior people. I can't help it and neither can anyone else. Tex whines, bitches and cries everyday over that. It does no good except he lives everyday miserable thinking about it. Like I say, if the pay sucks and benefits suck, go find another job. Companies are begging for people with CDL's and driving experience. I know others on here started not long after me and had the same experiences that I had. We have made a decent living and finally started making a good living.

Just wait for the crying to begin when people find out the company is eliminating health insurance to retiree's that are hired after Jan.1. 2018. The insurance for retired employees has gone crazy. Rates are sky high. The company is giving retired employees large lump sum deposits to help pay their premiums. It is making me rethink my next move because I am too young for medicare/medicaid.
First, I read every single word you wrote. That's Old Farts story. Individually we have stories also. You bust Van's balls for telling his, and because his doesn't coincide with yours, he becomes a whiner or complainer in your mind. One day you will come around, I won't put you on ignore and I don't think Van will either. We're all just silly old men. I think you can actually figure it out though.
For the time being though I think you are delusional along with old man silliness.
Luv ya fart
Don't see how anyone couldn't... take care

Oldfart

First, I read every single word you wrote. That's Old Farts story. Individually we have stories also. You bust Van's balls for telling his, and because his doesn't coincide with yours, he becomes a whiner or complainer in your mind. One day you will come around, I won't put you on ignore and I don't think Van will either. We're all just silly old men. I think you can actually figure it out though.
For the time being though I think you are delusional along with old man silliness.
Luv ya fart
Don't see how anyone couldn't... take care
The reason I bust his balls is because he whines about stuff that happened 10 to 15 years ago. Let it go. He doesn't even work here anymore, yet he spends his days on here bitching. Get a life, a hobby or something. Why be miserable talking about stuff that happened in the last century? My fist girlfriend did me wrong, 50 years ago. I didn't spend the rest of my life crying about it. Why would anyone that no longer works at a company stay on a message board all day bitching about how bad that company did him. He retired, quit being miserable.

floridays

The reason I bust his balls is because he whines about stuff that happened 10 to 15 years ago. Let it go. He doesn't even work here anymore, yet he spends his days on here bitching. Get a life, a hobby or something. Why be miserable talking about stuff that happened in the last century? My fist girlfriend did me wrong, 50 years ago. I didn't spend the rest of my life crying about it. Why would anyone that no longer works at a company stay on a message board all day bitching about how bad that company did him. He retired, quit being miserable.
I've deduced all of that long ago. Freudian slip above?

floridays

Fart tell Mrs. Fart hello

vantexan

I was making over $14hr in 1989 in Connecticut. That's after making $10.95hr in the Hub. Started in Memphis at $9.95hr in '86. You started earlier but you weren't making minimum wage in '86. As a high schooler working 30 hrs a week I was netting $110 a week in the late 70's. Were you a part time handler when you started? Here's the deal. You've over and over told us if we don't do as well as you in retirement it's our fault. You got a full pension in on better pay than we got. People hired from 2003 on didn't even get a traditional pension and their pay was held down so they couldn't get as much in the portable pension. Also makes it difficult to fund the 401k when we weren't making what you did per hour. You're grossing mid-$50k's to mid-$60k's while many of us didn't make more than low $40k's. That's good for you but we just didn't get the same deal. And please don't say it's because you put in the time. You topped out after less than two years. A lot of 15 year midrange employees made nowhere what you did. It's not complaining, it's reality. You'd rather gnaw off your arm than admit we didn't get the deal you got. And you whine, bitch and complain all the time about my pointing it out. Geez man, get a life, stop your whining and bitching.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Van, why not just put Ye Olde Stynke on “ignore”? You know he’s just getting his jollies by winding you up. Why continue providing a rapt audience??? Not worth escalating your blood pressure over.

vantexan

Van, why not just put Ye Olde Stynke on “ignore”? You know he’s just getting his jollies by winding you up. Why continue providing a rapt audience??? Not worth escalating your blood pressure over.
Because he hates me pointing out the company screwed us over. But not long from now I will put him on ignore too.

Oldfart

I was making over $14hr in 1989 in Connecticut. That's after making $10.95hr in the Hub. Started in Memphis at $9.95hr in '86. You started earlier but you weren't making minimum wage in '86. As a high schooler working 30 hrs a week I was netting $110 a week in the late 70's. Were you a part time handler when you started? Here's the deal. You've over and over told us if we don't do as well as you in retirement it's our fault. You got a full pension in on better pay than we got. People hired from 2003 on didn't even get a traditional pension and their pay was held down so they couldn't get as much in the portable pension. Also makes it difficult to fund the 401k when we weren't making what you did per hour. You're grossing mid-$50k's to mid-$60k's while many of us didn't make more than low $40k's. That's good for you but we just didn't get the same deal. And please don't say it's because you put in the time. You topped out after less than two years. A lot of 15 year midrange employees made nowhere what you did. It's not complaining, it's reality. You'd rather gnaw off your arm than admit we didn't get the deal you got. And you whine, bitch and complain all the time about my pointing it out. Geez man, get a life, stop your whining and bitching.
Yes I did start as a PT handler. Making roughly $4 hr and barely getting 15 hrs or so. I stayed with it and it took a long time before I started making decent money. If you want to do the math, many of you could have a bigger Traditional monthly payout than me. My best 5 ended 13 or 14 years ago. Other people stayed in the Traditional and their best 5 continued for 5 or more years. During that time you built up a higher best 5 while mine were already set.

Like I said tex, if you hated it so bad, were so mistreated and the pay and benefits sucked, why did you stick around? I hated my '73 Pinto. It sucked and always broke down. I got rid of it and bought another car. That Yugo I bought was something else. Only an idiot would work a job that he hates because he feels mistreated and underpaid. Kinda like tex and a few on here. There are plenty of job opportunities out there for drivers. I looked on Indeed.com and saw plenty of adds. Go somewhere that you feel appreciated and paid fairly because you don't feel that where you are now.

As far as saving for retirement. Small sacrifices will make large differences when you spread them out over many years. 1 or 2% into the 401k sure beats doing nothing. How many people that have saved nothing have done anything to better their quality of life. Selling a week of vacation, not calling in sick to get that fat check every July. If you sold 1 week of vacation and got the full sick pay check each year and invested it and got a 5% return, you could easily build up 60k or more in 25 years. Just a small thing like that can pay off in a big way. Uber and Lyft provide decent opportunities. Selling on Ebay and Craigslist. It is much easier to bitch and whine about being broke than it is to actually do something about it. Lazy people bitch and whine and stay broke. People with money do the things necessary to build a nice nest egg.

I read a book on finance 1 time and saw something that stuck with me. The writer said there is no reason for a man that works 45 or 50 hrs a week should be broke. Because he still has 15 or so more hours he could be doing something to make money. That's what I did many times and it paid off. Tex bitched and did nothing to better his life and he only has 22k to live on and that is a BUMMER.

Last edited: