Crickets Chirping...

Bacha, if they start hiring temps in my area, I may jump ship as well...

Yeah, Caesar, the struggle to get me in a branded FedEx van or truck is real.

As others have stated in other threads, we're scratching our heads as to why it's been so long... I did get that raise though, so I may stick it out since my area knowledge keeps me stress free running around in the darkness.

PS, someone over at the brownie side said we lost the chewy account, is that true???

Because I'm still building my walls with them...View attachment 161427
Dang,
your ISP should know that once you get a truck with shelves and a walkthru you can get even more done!
If x lost chewy I haven't noticed. Oh well, we'll still have all the over 70# stuff UPS won't take.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Heh, everyone knows that, package selection is faster, lining up the next 5 stops is way easier than running out to the rear rollup door. My former subcontractor had a step van & I kinda miss it.

but this rural route is hard on tires... I last about 15-20,000 miles before they are down to 4/32"

Blah, time to break out the tire plug kit!
DSC_0013.JPG

Better to find it during the pretrip than being stuck on someone's driveway

bacha29

Heh, everyone knows that, package selection is faster, lining up the next 5 stops is way easier than running out to the rear rollup door. My former subcontractor had a step van & I kinda miss it.

but this rural route is hard on tires... I last about 15-20,000 miles before they are down to 4/32"

Blah, time to break out the tire plug kit! View attachment 161509

Better to find it during the pretrip than being stuck on someone's driveway
If I had a dime for every Amish sheet metal screw and every Amish horseshoe nail I put through tires I would be on Forbes list of the 400 wealthiest Americans But good grief man, you're running on the wear bars. How bald does a tire have to get before your contractor will buy you some new tires? That's the problem with investor class owners. Most don't have a solitary clue about how machines work.

Purplepackage

Why?

I'd rather do 8 hour shifts shoveling manure.

They gave me a temp 1 day last peak. 2 hours into the day i told the guy that i had 130 stops to go and he either needed to pick up the pace or i was taking him back to the station. Safe to say i ended up driving him all the way back and heading out alone lol

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They gave me a temp 1 day last peak. 2 hours into the day i told the guy that i had 130 stops to go and he either needed to pick up the pace or i was taking him back to the station. Safe to say i ended up driving him all the way back and heading out alone lol
I told the helpers I had the last two Peaks to slow down or they wouldn’t last the day. Lol. They wanted to run. Okey dokey. Knock yourself out.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Just some quick cash. Pays better than shoveling manure! ;)
I retired over six months ago and I have zero desire to ever walk into a FedEx Express (or Ground) station ever again. Found a job at a local hospital which pays OK and has a lot more reasonable insurance than Fred would ever be willing to provide. Oh, and I never get a morning phone call backing off my start time.

Van, nothing personal but you just can't seem to cut the FedEx apron strings.

To each his own I guess.

vantexan

I'm leaving at the end of the month, no notice. Can't imagine me doing any work for them for any reason after I leave.
If you're on a pension and they pay pretty decent short term compared to all the $8-$12hr jobs out there you might consider it.

vantexan

I retired over six months ago and I have zero desire to ever walk into a FedEx Express (or Ground) station ever again. Found a job at a local hospital which pays OK and has a lot more reasonable insurance than Fred would ever be willing to provide. Oh, and I never get a morning phone call backing off my start time.

Van, nothing personal but you just can't seem to cut the FedEx apron strings.

To each his own I guess.
Let's be honest, you're here on this forum too, LOL. I haven't done anything for them since leaving in January. But knowing they'd probably pay me at least starting pay, which around here is about $18hr, then why not? Can always use the extra. And I get to be one of those people in civilian clothes who drives around in a Dodge Caravan rental, no unloading cans, doesn't sound too bad.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
No notice? I don't think it's ever a good idea to burn bridges like that.

Then you probably wouldn't suggest that I make the mess I'm going to make on my way out, either. You'll have to trust me on this one. The people who'll be affected by it earned every bit of it.

bacha29

I believe that 100%.

They asked me last year to go out and help but I was 5 days away from the second hip joint replacement. Believe me the humiliation of having to ask an old Day 1 contractor was probably even worse than penicillin resistant gonorrhea .

bacha29

I'm leaving at the end of the month, no notice. Can't imagine me doing any work for them for any reason after I leave.
Seriously, please tell us what you're future plans are. Everybody at some time in their life will be confronted with a dramatic and completely unforeseen of events that sometimes transforms their life into something they never dreamed possible.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Then you probably wouldn't suggest that I make the mess I'm going to make on my way out, either. You'll have to trust me on this one. The people who'll be affected by it earned every bit of it.
Might want to consult with MFE. He might want to be your assistant. Might even have a few ideas to improve your exit.