Crickets Chirping...

SmithBarney

I'm leaving at the end of the month, no notice. Can't imagine me doing any work for them for any reason after I leave.

Wow, didn't think I'd see the day... Do what's best for you and you'll be happier, some of us just wish we could.

Then you probably wouldn't suggest that I make the mess I'm going to make on my way out, either. You'll have to trust me on this one. The people who'll be affected by it earned every bit of it.

Just make sure you don't fire a bunch of people in haste on the way out... families depend on their breadwinners income, even if they gripe.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Let's be honest, you're here on this forum too, LOL. I haven't done anything for them since leaving in January. But knowing they'd probably pay me at least starting pay, which around here is about $18hr, then why not? Can always use the extra. And I get to be one of those people in civilian clothes who drives around in a Dodge Caravan rental, no unloading cans, doesn't sound too bad.
For one, I haven't been asking for my job back. It's one thing to be on the forum for schitts and laughs another to work for them on multiple occassions. Secondly Van, do what you gotta' do but gawd, don't let them try to paint you another pretty picture. Remember, Fred wants liars not leaders.

vantexan

For one, I haven't been asking for my job back. It's one thing to be on the forum for schitts and laughs another to work for them on multiple occassions. Secondly Van, do what you gotta' do but gawd, don't let them try to paint you another pretty picture. Remember, Fred wants liars not leaders.
Seriously, just for Peak, nothing more.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
But good grief man, you're running on the wear bars. How bald does a tire have to get before your contractor will buy you some new tires

Meh, they don't care about the rentals... I'm only at 13,500 miles on this one too.

I'm going in for another oil change on Monday & I will bring up the DOT specs & possible litigation if I have an accident to get them (budget) to change it

I've plugged over a dozen tires already on this route, it's 2nd nature to me now

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Hmm, I can remember when you were pretty high on them while I wanted to punch a manager.

I said it a million times: it's just a job and when it's no longer worth my while to stick around, or if a better opportunity rears its head, I'm gone. It's no longer worth my while to stick around AND a better opportunity reared its head so I'm gone.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Seriously, please tell us what you're future plans are.

Working a better job at a better company.

Everybody at some time in their life will be confronted with a dramatic and completely unforeseen of events that sometimes transforms their life into something they never dreamed possible.

It's wisdom like this that keeps you off of my ignore list. I have never heard anything like that in the decades I've been alive. My turn: If you want something, you have to work for it. Feel free to use that one. Spread it around.