Crowd In Philly Taunt Police During Shooting Standoff!

Box Ox

Doubling down on your privileged worldview isn’t very compelling. It’s ok that you don’t understand what it’s like to be a young black man in a city but dismissing them just makes you look foolish.

Do you wish more evil, oppressive racist cops had been shot by the poor black man?

It will be fine

And you do know?
Never said I did. I’m just not arguing black people should shut up and take whatever systemic abuses have been committed on their communities for years. A white dude from the suburbs that doesn’t acknowledge their lack of understanding is demonstrating white privilege. Where are you getting lost?

El Correcto

god is dead
Never said I did. I’m just not arguing black people should shut up and take whatever systemic abuses have been committed on their communities for years. A white dude from the suburbs that doesn’t acknowledge their lack of understanding is demonstrating white privilege. Where are you getting lost?
So serving a warrant to a violent criminal is oppressing black people?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

Don't know all the details, but against my better judgement, I'll just believe CNN was reporting honestly.

I appreciate the article. First one I've seen that seems actually one sided.

But I don't see what the problem is, here? The cop got fired, and is facing up to twenty years in prison for it.

The system is protecting the victim because he didn't do anything wrong. Right?

Box Ox

MOVE was a designated terrorist organization at the time.

Terrorist organization? How dare you, sir!

nZrbcjj.png

El Correcto

god is dead
I think it’s funny they taunted police but that’s because I’m a jackass and will freely admit it.

I don’t have to go into “deep” social commentaries about racisms to justify my sense of humor or to virtue signal.

It will be fine

So them taunting police who were there to serve a warrant to a violent criminal is standing up against oppression?
I’m saying it comes from systemic oppression. I can recognize that their experience with police is dramatically different than mine. Why can’t you?