Curious on what could be done...

CJinx

I asked you to cite a wrongful termination case where the courts ruled in favor of the plaintiff, to support your assertion that "the courts say otherwise". Are you able to do so, or would like like to regale us with another wall of text?

I did try to google it, I found a few recent cases but they all kind of fell off the radar (no new news on them). That Russian guy that claimed he was fired for having an accent. Turns out he had a laundry list of other violations, too. Then the case gets dismissed. Hrm.

"But but but undisclosed settlements!!"
Settlements aren't rulings. Settlements are typically two things: a) hush money to not create a precedent or b) a pittance because it would cost significantly more to defend against. Turns out our lawyers are expensive. Who knew?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I asked you to cite a wrongful termination case where the courts ruled in favor of the plaintiff, to support your assertion that "the courts say otherwise". Are you able to do so, or would like like to regale us with another wall of text?

I did try to google it, I found a few recent cases but they all kind of fell off the radar (no new news on them). That Russian guy that claimed he was fired for having an accent. Turns out he had a laundry list of other violations, too. Then the case gets dismissed. Hrm.

"But but but undisclosed settlements!!"
Settlements aren't rulings. Settlements are typically two things: a) hush money to not create a precedent or b) a pittance because it would cost significantly more to defend against. Turns out our lawyers are expensive. Who knew?

OK, Toolette. Please listen up. All of the cases I'm aware of where FedEx wrongfully terminated an employee, there was a settlement. In a few, they got their jobs back and also received compensation. Once FedEx knows they've lost, they pay-up, after they make the obligatory statement that they have done nothing wrong and that they will vigorously defend themselves in court.

Code for settle.

CJinx

All of the cases I'm aware of where FedEx wrongfully terminated an employee, there was a settlement.
So you admit that you were talking out of line again when you said "the courts say otherwise". As far as the courts are concerned, it didn't happen. It takes two sides to settle out of court.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So you admit that you were talking out of line again when you said "the courts say otherwise". As far as the courts are concerned, it didn't happen. It takes two sides to settle out of court.

Yes, both sides must agree. The court oversees the settlement, and the case isn't over until a dollar/damage figure is established. The SPH cite is one where the case actually went the distance. FedEx obviously figured they would win...incorrectly.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

MFE also insisted that most states consider the "weather lines" to be illegal yet when pressed by me to prove his claim he backpedaled faster than a circus clown.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
MFE also insisted that most states consider the "weather lines" to be illegal yet when pressed by me to prove his claim he backpedaled faster than a circus clown.

No, that's a lie. I said they are illegal in my state and many others and suggested that peoplr check their home state laws.

That would make you the circus clown.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just a friendly reminder that these aren't legal in most states. If you show-up at your regularly scheduled start time, FedEx needs to pay you. Clean your truck, organize supplies, or simply work as directed. The weather isn't your problem, but Fred wants you to make-up the financial difference for the bad weather.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/weather-lines-recorders.360836/#ixzz3UllSLGLt
"Are not legal in most states". What is your problem?

Goldilocks

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
First. The word "tool" doesn't violate this site's TOS. Please see my post in Current Events titled " Scott Walker: Tool". Sorry that you're a sensitive tool, but let's discuss exactly what a tool is, OK? Just for clarification, I'm not accusing you of being Fred's hammer or screwdriver...you're more like a toilet plunger. For me, a tool is someone who is used as an operative by a third party to advance said party's agenda. Uh, you would appear to fit that definition, as would your endless posts defending FedEx. It's very clear your position at FedEx requires you to advance the company line as directed by your superior(s). Therefore, you are...a tool.

The fact that you feel a need to post this collection of babbling says plenty. Ever heard of a guy named Jello Biafra?

59 Dano

Good defense. You are often offensive in violation of the TOS. That's kinda what you do here. Present weak arguments and then make personal attacks when people disagree. Your use of "tool" was clearly meant to be offensive and a personal attack.

But on the upside, those posts give you a great idea of what it's like if you're ever so lucky to deal with those who have personality disorders.

59 Dano

Yes, both sides must agree. The court oversees the settlement, and the case isn't over until a dollar/damage figure is established. The SPH cite is one where the case actually went the distance. FedEx obviously figured they would win...incorrectly.

If a case is filed, there is a record of it. Even if it's settled out of court and neither side can disclose the terms.

Sooooooo, you shouldn't have a problem presenting them to us, considering you know all about them. Right?