Curious on what could be done...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Here you are, right on cue. Are you going to deny that FedEx is regularly sued for abusing employees and breaking the law? You absolutely know what's going on, and are defending the company as usual.

Compiling a list of cases, which is hard on a smart phone. www.law360.com is a good start, but I am researching Superior courts in major metropolitan areas.

FedEx gets sued....a lot.

It will be fine

Compiling a list of cases, which is hard on a smart phone. www.law360.com is a good start, but I am researching Superior courts in major metropolitan areas.

It's only interesting if on a per capita basis the rate it's sued is much higher than other similar sized companies. People sue for anything any sleazy lawyer thinks he can get a settlement for. If fedex suits are much more frequent you may have a point.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I would suppose the ratio heavily favors FedEx, not because they're in the right, but because they have overwhelming legal resources and money when compared to an individual and the limited legal counsel he/she can obtain. Do you have that ratio, and if so, how would a lowly ops manager (supposedly) have access to what is probably privileged FedEx Legal data?

How many cases do you suppose FedEx wins just from their ability to out-spend and out-last the $40,000 per year courier who might be able to get a no-name attorney to represent them on contingency against the high-priced FedEx talent?

On a justified termination? All of 'em.

When an employee does get a big name law firm as in the Garvey case (and others), FedEx has real problems.

It helps to have a case, which most people don't.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

A lot of terminations are completely justified, but plenty are not. Even if you have a case, FedEx has major advantages, as I already pointed out. Most people can't afford to take the time out of their lives or new job to fight them, much less be able to pay for it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I have a lot of cases. Rather than list them individually, I can list the sites and then everyone can peruse whatever they like. Lots of wrongful terminations, wrongful deaths, and FMLA violations...all alleged, of course.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!

FedEx does get sued a lot. And they pay folk to keep them, out of the google search page. I can think of at least 10, off the top of my head in our area, in the last year or so.

Not even to go into the online drug/cigarette and numerous other lawsuits, that are still in the pipeline.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
FedEx does get sued a lot. And they pay folk to keep them, out of the google search page. I can think of at least 10, off the top of my head in our area, in the last year or so.

Not even to go into the online drug/cigarette and numerous other lawsuits, that are still in the pipeline.

Simply type in "wrongful termination cases vs. Federal Express" and you get a bunch of cases. I don't think they pay anyone to keep them off search engines, but most cases are in local Superior Courts, and you have to use their search mode to find local cases. I'm aware of numerous cases in my area as well.

This is just for wrongful termination(s). Try " FedEx wrongful death", or "FedEx FMLA lawsuits", and the hits just keep on coming.

Page after page of cases, Dano. Care to respond? And I refuse to be your "homework bitch" by providing links, a huge waste of my time when all one has to do is use the search terms provided to find hundreds of cases.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Simply type in "wrongful termination cases vs. Federal Express" and you get a bunch of cases. I don't think they pay anyone to keep them off search engines, but most cases are in local Superior Courts, and you have to use their search mode to find local cases. I'm aware of numerous cases in my area as well.

This is just for wrongful termination(s). Try " FedEx wrongful death", or "FedEx FMLA lawsuits", and the hits just keep on coming.

Page after page of cases, Dano. Care to respond? And I refuse to be your "homework bitch" by providing links, a huge waste of my time when all one has to do is use the search terms provided to find hundreds of cases.

rfcexpress.com. Type "FedEx" or "Federal Express" in the search field. See how many results you get. You're welcome Mr. Snap-On.

DontThrowPackages

SFA was mentioned in frontline however, management has said very little this year on the topic. Maybe the logic is the employees who happily take the survey are more likely to get a positive score apposed to those employees needing to be prodded to participate.