Curious on what could be done...

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I asked you to cite a wrongful termination case where the courts ruled in favor of the plaintiff, to support your assertion that "the courts say otherwise". Are you able to do so, or would like like to regale us with another wall of text?

I did try to google it, I found a few recent cases but they all kind of fell off the radar (no new news on them). That Russian guy that claimed he was fired for having an accent. Turns out he had a laundry list of other violations, too. Then the case gets dismissed. Hrm.

"But but but undisclosed settlements!!"
Settlements aren't rulings. Settlements are typically two things: a) hush money to not create a precedent or b) a pittance because it would cost significantly more to defend against. Turns out our lawyers are expensive. Who knew?

One of the other posters was kind enough to post links to a whopping TWO cases of something that allegedly happens with a terrible frequency and that the courts routinely punish FedEx for doing. Amazing, no?

That same poster, while scrounging around for something that would keep MF's claim from looking 100% silly, hopped over accusations of wrongful termination that were slapped down by the courts, appealed by the plaintiffs, and slapped down yet again. I bet they took the advice offered by the people here!

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
One of the other posters was kind enough to post links to a whopping TWO cases of something that allegedly happens with a terrible frequency and that the courts routinely punish FedEx for doing. Amazing, no?

That same poster, while scrounging around for something that would keep MF's claim from looking 100% silly, hopped over accusations of wrongful termination that were slapped down by the courts, appealed by the plaintiffs, and slapped down yet again. I bet the took the advice offered by the people here!

Here you are, right on cue. Are you going to deny that FedEx is regularly sued for abusing employees and breaking the law? You absolutely know what's going on, and are defending the company as usual.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The fact that you feel a need to post this collection of babbling says plenty. Ever heard of a guy named Jello Biafra?

Is that your boyfriend? I'm not the one who made a big deal out of the word "tool"...you did. Yes, there is a record, but it will just show that FedEx was the defendant against Plaintiff X and that the case was settled. No terms are ever disclosed, or FedEx can have the settlement thrown out.

What is there to understand? They get sued all the time. Please deny it.

MAKAVELI

That same poster, while scrounging around for something that would keep MF's claim from looking 100% silly, hopped over accusations of wrongful termination that were slapped down by the courts, appealed by the plaintiffs, and slapped down yet again. I bet the took the advice offered by the people here!
There are a lot more cases especially in the last few years which haven't been decided yet. I can post those if you like. ;)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There are a lot more cases especially in the last few years which haven't been decided yet. I can post those if you like. ;)

I just searched my local Superior Court and found 7 since 2014 where FedEx was the defendant. Maybe you should search Shelby County, Dano? I'll try too, and see what's happening in MEM.

59 Dano

Here you are, right on cue. Are you going to deny that FedEx is regularly sued for abusing employees and breaking the law? You absolutely know what's going on, and are defending the company as usual.

I do absolutely know what's going on, and I am absolutely familiar with summary dismissals of those lawsuits as well. Contrary to what you tend to suggest here, an accusation is not prima facie evidence of anything.

59 Dano

Is that your boyfriend? I'm not the one who made a big deal out of the word "tool"...you did.

No, he is (or was) a vocalist. You two would get along really well. I'm not making a big deal out of the word "tool," but just letting you know that there are standards here that apply to all of us and if you pull your usual crap, you'll be introduced to them.

Yes, there is a record, but it will just show that FedEx was the defendant against Plaintiff X and that the case was settled. No terms are ever disclosed, or FedEx can have the settlement thrown out.

What is there to understand? They get sued all the time. Please deny it.

I never denied that they get sued. "Getting sued" does not equal "Was sued and LOST." So you should be able to direct us to all those wrongful termination that FedEx settled, right?

59 Dano

I just searched my local Superior Court and found 7 since 2014 where FedEx was the defendant. Maybe you should search Shelby County, Dano? I'll try too, and see what's happening in MEM.

Go right ahead. I'd love to see what you find.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I do absolutely know what's going on, and I am absolutely familiar with summary dismissals of those lawsuits as well. Contrary to what you tend to suggest here, an accusation is not prima facie evidence of anything.

Duh. FedEx sometimes wins, but they also lose. The big ones make the news, and the settlements do not.

59 Dano

Duh. FedEx sometimes wins, but they also lose. The big ones make the news, and the settlements do not.

I asked two days ago if you'd like to debate the ratio of wrongful terminations:justified terminations. Now, after all of your posturing, accusing, backpedaling, and jabbering, would you like to address that?

59 Dano

Does UPS face similar legal battles?

For those keeping score at home... The lady said her husband was fired with "nothing on him," he wasn't fired for an offense that can result in immediate termination, wasn't given much of a reason, and the company completely ignored the entire discipline process.

That's why some have gone all-in trying to prove... something.

MAKAVELI

For those keeping score at home... The lady said her husband was fired with "nothing on him," he wasn't fired for an offense that can result in immediate termination, wasn't given much of a reason, and the company completely ignored the entire discipline process.

That's why some have gone all-in trying to prove... something.
You mean like yourself.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I asked two days ago if you'd like to debate the ratio of wrongful terminations:justified terminations. Now, after all of your posturing, accusing, backpedaling, and jabbering, would you like to address that?

I would suppose the ratio heavily favors FedEx, not because they're in the right, but because they have overwhelming legal resources and money when compared to an individual and the limited legal counsel he/she can obtain. Do you have that ratio, and if so, how would a lowly ops manager (supposedly) have access to what is probably privileged FedEx Legal data?

How many cases do you suppose FedEx wins just from their ability to out-spend and out-last the $40,000 per year courier who might be able to get a no-name attorney to represent them on contingency against the high-priced FedEx talent?

When an employee does get a big name law firm as in the Garvey case (and others), FedEx has real problems.

MAKAVELI

http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/release/12-22-04.cfm
ORLANDO, Fla. - In a trial ending today, a jury in Federal District Court for the Middle District of Florida in Orlando returned a $1.57 million dollar verdict in favor of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Ted Maines and his private counsel, Jill Schwartz & Associates, P.A., in their workplace discrimination lawsuit against Memphis, Tenn.-based shipping giant Federal Express Corporation for violating Title VII of Civil Rights Act of 1964.

The jury found Federal Express liable for retaliation and the constructive termination of Maines, a 21-year employee of the company, and awarded him $201,000 in back pay and $1,370,000 in compensatory damages for emotional pain and distress. Maines, who is white, sought to promote an African American and a Hispanic, both longtime Federal Express employees, to supervisory positions, but was rebuffed and retaliated against by a corporate management official who favored a white female recently employed by Federal Express.