current events quality of posts

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by rickyb, Aug 11, 2019.

1. rickyb

rickyb Well-Known Member

alot of the posts here are low quality.

are most or all of the people on the forum low intelligence in a sense? why do we waste our time and talk to other people who presumably are also not experts on politics / economics?

i guess i want everyone to live a live where they pursue justice, but hopefully i cut back on time i waste here pushing that notion.

i have a friend whos family was killed by the nazis and all he does is vote...which is better than alot of people but still not good enough to prevent history from repeating

i really cut back on twitter and politics because it didnt change my action recently, i do the same thing i ive been doing for years.

2. Old Man Jingles

Old Man Jingles Rat out of a cage

Warning: Low Quality Post

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  3. Old Man Jingles

So you call 90% + alot

4. Wrong

Wrong :))

I’m not going to be lectured by someone who didn’t even qualify at UPS and posts communist twitters.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. floridays

floridays Well-Known Member

Thanks buddy, the warning was supposed to come before I read that tripe:angry::thumbup1:.

6. sailfish

sailfish Hakuna Matata

It's all endlessly futile. Nobody will ever change anyone else's mind about politics on the internet.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

resistance-is-futile.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  8. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

There’s plenty of wonky forums out there, this isn’t one of them.

No one is twisting your arm, making you come to Current Events.

Maybe you’re just too smart for us, Ricky.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. cosmo1

cosmo1 Perhaps. Staff Member

Maybe if I went back and removed all of your posts, the quality might improve.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Do you think the quality of your own posts is above average for Current Events or something?

A political forum for people who are career rocket scientists probably wouldn’t be any better. Just the nature of the :censored2:posting beast.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

upload_2019-8-11_18-49-20.jpeg

12. Old Man Jingles

It appears that most people, regardless of their politics, don't think much of @rickyb's posts.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. tenor (13).gif

14. Sportello

Sportello l'etat, c'est moi

There are people who don’t have him on ignore?

15. Old Man Jingles

Removing Dido's posts would have a much more positive effect.

16. Whither

Whither Scofflaw

I'm skeptical of the word 'intelligence', especially since it serves as a convenient justification for class division, and therefore so much pain and misery. If the word has any redeeming value, then the surest sign of intelligence is ferreting out the ways in one which has not escaped, and likely cannot escape, the common stupor.

And for that reason, I would beware granting any credit to the chatter of 'experts' ... the experts are functionaries, and usually pedants to boot, whether or not they style themselves differently ... if I had the choice between wasting my time chatting with 1. a marxist professor who claims to do their canned work on behalf of 'the masses' or 'the workers' or 2. the most racist, sexist, 'deplorable' working stiff you can imagine, I'd choose the latter any day of the week ... and simply because the second person is more interesting -- isn't a functionary, has a unique story, and like the rest of us working stiffs, is more redeemable.

I wish you luck in your actions, but I also wish you the ability to take it easy and to laugh, even at yourself, since individuals are not given the power to overrule the environments which foster them -- environments on which they remain dependent and within which they are fully integrated. Like you, I think capitalism is awful and sea change desirable. Ah, but history is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Heroes and villains do not make history; chance, blind forces, unintended consequences are the primary players. We all carry on without answers or solutions ... better to drift on the wreckage than vainly await someone who knows a way out.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  17. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

You don't even start your sentences with capital letters .

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. rod

rod retired and happy

We don't care what Canadians think----eh.

19. Poop Head

Poop Head Troll

Have you ever been involuntarily committed?

20. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

535945B6-9955-4663-8B24-F6428497493A.gif

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List