current events quality of posts

rickyb

alot of the posts here are low quality.

are most or all of the people on the forum low intelligence in a sense? why do we waste our time and talk to other people who presumably are also not experts on politics / economics?

i guess i want everyone to live a live where they pursue justice, but hopefully i cut back on time i waste here pushing that notion.

i have a friend whos family was killed by the nazis and all he does is vote...which is better than alot of people but still not good enough to prevent history from repeating

i really cut back on twitter and politics because it didnt change my action recently, i do the same thing i ive been doing for years.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

are most or all of the people on the forum low intelligence in a sense? why do we waste our time and talk to other people who presumably are also not experts on politics / economics?

i guess i want everyone to live a live where they pursue justice, but hopefully i cut back on time i waste here pushing that notion.

i have a friend whos family was killed by the nazis and all he does is vote...which is better than alot of people but still not good enough to prevent history from repeating

i really cut back on twitter and politics because it didnt change my action recently, i do the same thing i ive been doing for years.
Warning: Low Quality Post

El Correcto

god is dead

I’m not going to be lectured by someone who didn’t even qualify at UPS and posts communist twitters.

oldngray

nowhere special
resistance-is-futile.jpg

BrownArmy

There’s plenty of wonky forums out there, this isn’t one of them.

No one is twisting your arm, making you come to Current Events.

Maybe you’re just too smart for us, Ricky.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Maybe if I went back and removed all of your posts, the quality might improve.

Box Ox

Do you think the quality of your own posts is above average for Current Events or something?

A political forum for people who are career rocket scientists probably wouldn’t be any better. Just the nature of the :censored2:posting beast.

Whither

Scofflaw

I'm skeptical of the word 'intelligence', especially since it serves as a convenient justification for class division, and therefore so much pain and misery. If the word has any redeeming value, then the surest sign of intelligence is ferreting out the ways in one which has not escaped, and likely cannot escape, the common stupor.

And for that reason, I would beware granting any credit to the chatter of 'experts' ... the experts are functionaries, and usually pedants to boot, whether or not they style themselves differently ... if I had the choice between wasting my time chatting with 1. a marxist professor who claims to do their canned work on behalf of 'the masses' or 'the workers' or 2. the most racist, sexist, 'deplorable' working stiff you can imagine, I'd choose the latter any day of the week ... and simply because the second person is more interesting -- isn't a functionary, has a unique story, and like the rest of us working stiffs, is more redeemable.

I wish you luck in your actions, but I also wish you the ability to take it easy and to laugh, even at yourself, since individuals are not given the power to overrule the environments which foster them -- environments on which they remain dependent and within which they are fully integrated. Like you, I think capitalism is awful and sea change desirable. Ah, but history is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Heroes and villains do not make history; chance, blind forces, unintended consequences are the primary players. We all carry on without answers or solutions ... better to drift on the wreckage than vainly await someone who knows a way out.

Indecisi0n

You don't even start your sentences with capital letters .

Poop Head

Judge me.

Have you ever been involuntarily committed?