Cursed out by Supe every day? “On Topic”

People here are saying I gave you bad advice. In honesty, I never even gave you advice other than just know you're not alone. It happens everywhere. They don't like me here because I'm voting Yes in the contract so I can get out alive. Yes, for me. The No voters claim they want to take care of the PT or New Hires and as Jake on YouTube says; "it's all BS" , that is the truth. No seasoned UPS vet cares one iota about an unloader, preloader, Christmas helper or new hire off the street unless they are close buddies with them or want in their panties. If I was a No guy they'd welcome me here with open arms.

Read all the YT comments on Jake G's videos of not working at UPS. Say what you want about him, but thousands of others claim it's 100% true.

So good luck if you make it or not. Now I will give you my thoughts. My personal advice.

Hourlies at UPS stay for money & bennies. UPS knows that and will always try to stay at least a tick ahead of the rest. That pertains to hourly & salary(advancement). If you don't make it. Look around at the great corporations out there that match 50% in an employee's 401(k) or they have employee appreciation day once a month with catered lunch such as shrimp & bite-size steak or chicken cordon blue and it's not about the food. It's about caring & appreciating their employees. You'll get very, very little of that your entire career at UPS. The companies I'm talking about that let there employees off at noon on Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving or Christmas. Sure, perhaps the pay there will only be $26 an hour but you'll grow up to be a much better person for it. Plus, say 20-years after you leave UPS. Drive by a UPSer's house that stayed. You'll see a vast amount of houses of folks not at UPS(their neighbors) that are just doing as fine as being a UPSer. It's your life and you have a decision to make. Options; Change for the worse for some more toys or move on and enjoy life with less.

Good Luck Bro!
You are a 100% wrong except about the Christmas helpers , because we don't give a crap about them.

As far a s how you vote , I really don't care. We just need at at least a 50% so the IBT can't shove this contract up our asses if we vote it down.

Lots of good stuff in this contract but unfortunately the bad stuff out weighs it.

rickyb

I’ve been training with this supe for a few and he’s helped me on some ways, but curses me out like he wants me to kill myself. It’s a new job with one of the hardest roots by his own admission. So much so that he did ALL the driving the first 3 DAYS of my trading. I’m not accustomed to taking verbal abuse, but I thought it was par for the coarse and if I say something, I get DQed or labeled negatively. I need this promotion, but I’ve had enough of this bs. Please spare me any patronizing sarcasm. Trolls, enjoy your weekend. Any real advice is welcome.
hi if we were actually free, we the workers would elect supervisors.

but capitalism gives a minority all the power and they hire abusive supervisors.

if u have hands on ability do a trade. if you got brains do healthcare,

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I’ve been training with this supe for a few and he’s helped me on some ways, but curses me out like he wants me to kill myself. It’s a new job with one of the hardest roots by his own admission. So much so that he did ALL the driving the first 3 DAYS of my trading. I’m not accustomed to taking verbal abuse, but I thought it was par for the coarse and if I say something, I get DQed or labeled negatively. I need this promotion, but I’ve had enough of this bs. Please spare me any patronizing sarcasm. Trolls, enjoy your weekend. Any real advice is welcome.
There's also an upshot to being a UPSer/Teamster in the 13 western states. That is; almost everyone retires before 57 in the west before they need new knees & hips. So if you work west of North Dakota or Texas you can make it & salvage a good last 15-30 years of your life starting at a semi-tender age. Anything east of that. Old, tired & broke down physically & mentally, bad, bad news.

Especially in the mid west. No UPSer there can really make it who doesn't also have SS to go along with their pension. That's a terrible deal for them. Sad. You find me a midwest UPS retiree that retired at 49 or 50 and they either are trust fund babies, won the lottery or inherited a boat load.

If you're in the mid-west. I say get out now while you're still relatively young. Jmho.

It's not all bad though. There's this little dainty 70-year old retiree here from Minnesota that BC parades around and he seems happy. :)

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

There's also an upshot to being a UPSer/Teamster in the 13 western states. That is; almost everyone retires before 57 in the west before they need new knees & hips. So if you work west of North Dakota or Texas you can make it & salvage a good last 15-30 years of your life starting at a semi-tender age. Anything east of that. Old, tired & broke down physically & mentally, bad, bad news.

Especially in the mid west. No UPSer there can really make it who doesn't also have SS to go along with their pension. That's a terrible deal for them. Sad. You find me a midwest UPS retiree that retired at 49 or 50 and they either are trust fund babies, won the lottery or inherited a boat load.

If you're in the mid-west. I say get out now while you're still relatively young. Jmho.

It's not all bad though. There's this little dainty 70-year old retiree here from Minnesota that BC parades around and he seems happy. :)
Here in the midwest we talk about sticking around until after 70 to collect SS and a pension and a paycheck. Everyone except FT delivery drivers. Most of them hate their jobs.

Cyclops

Got a recording app on your phone? If this guy is really cursing you out like you say all you have to is play it for HR and he's gone.
This advice stood out to me. However, j was then told they could get me for operating my phone while on the route. Any thoughts on that?

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
You not there for him. You are their for your coin first. Once you clear your training. Tell him thank you for pushing you, but the next time you curse at me, it will be the last time you curse at anyone. Either that or grieve it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
This advice stood out to me. However, j was then told they could get me for operating my phone while on the route. Any thoughts on that?
First make sure you are in a state with a "one party consent law", otherwise it will be illegal (38 states are one party consent, 12 require all parties to consent to a recording). Second it depends on how bad the abuse is. if this guy is really cursing at you constantly in a manner that any reasonable person would deem abusive then I doubt the company will take action against you, they will just deal with him. Despite what others might tell you the company definitely does not approve of managers talking to employees like that, I've seen management get suspended, transferred, and/or terminated for doing exactly what you describe.

Cyclops

First make sure you are in a state with a "one party consent law", otherwise it will be illegal (38 states are one party consent, 12 require all parties to consent to a recording). Second it depends on how bad the abuse is. if this guy is really cursing at you constantly in a manner that any reasonable person would deem abusive then I doubt the company will take action against you, they will just deal with him. Despite what others might tell you the company definitely does not approve of managers talking to employees like that, I've seen management get suspended, transferred, and/or terminated for doing exactly what you describe.
My stare is a one party consent state, but what about UPS policy?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Real advice?

Do the best you can and keep your mouth shut until you make it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My stare is a one party consent state, but what about UPS policy?
You're not supposed to talk on the phone while driving, that's not what we're talking about. If the guy is being genuinely abusive no one is going to fault you for documenting it.

Cyclops

I went in got work this morning and got DQed by that a-hole driver supe. Don’t know if I should attempt to do anything about it. Can’t help but think I didn’t really get a fair shake. Got a horrible training route that everyone said shoul no be used for one. My supe harassed the hell out of me. And I wasn’t even given the opportunity bring my performance up. I only made in 3 weeks into the 6 weeks of training. I suppose I’ll start practicing to pass feeders next year.

BrownRecycler

I went in got work this morning and got DQed by that a-hole driver supe. Don’t know if I should attempt to do anything about it. Can’t help but think I didn’t really get a fair shake. Got a horrible training route that everyone said shoul no be used for one. My supe harassed the hell out of me. And I wasn’t even given the opportunity bring my performance up. I only made in 3 weeks into the 6 weeks of training. I suppose I’ll start practicing to pass feeders next year.

I like Dairy Queen and shake. I hope that the supervisor shake it off.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
You never had a chance in the first place. UPS is banking a great many DQ's to be used as drivers if a work stoppage occurs. Aka; SCABS

UPSer's are being DQ'd all over the nation as I type.

So do you go back to preload for now?

Cyclops

You never had a chance in the first place. UPS is banking a great many DQ's to be used as drivers if a work stoppage occurs. Aka; SCABS

UPSer's are being DQ'd all over the nation as I type.

So do you go back to preload for now?
I’m not preload. But, yeah I have to go back to my part time job. I’m not sure what you mean by “you never had a chance.” From what I understand, they are desperate for drivers.