Customer claims damage to property?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
He told us what he does in his center when a customer calls in a questionable property damage claim. Our center does the same thing.
Well, good for him for doing this....these mgt folks are told to treat people like :censored2:... what’s wrong with working in a positive working atmosphere????

DriverNerd

I got a talk from my center manager about a customer claiming I broke the rear window of her SUV in her driveway. How did she know this? It was broke when she got home and there was a box on the front step from UPS (me) and so I must have done it. The logic. Center manager asked for the details about it and I told him everything and there was no way I could have done it. He said "OK, I'll go tell her to pound sand".

Had another customer call and said I broke their doorbell. When asked about it by management I said, "You mean the one that's been broke for months?!". They laughed and said ok.

Seriously, something just doesn't seem right with all of this.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

We've had situations where customers try to blame us and it was the other carriers!

BlackCat

I got a talk from my center manager about a customer claiming I broke the rear window of her SUV in her driveway. How did she know this? It was broke when she got home and there was a box on the front step from UPS (me) and so I must have done it. The logic. Center manager asked for the details about it and I told him everything and there was no way I could have done it. He said "OK, I'll go tell her to pound sand".

Had another customer call and said I broke their doorbell. When asked about it by management I said, "You mean the one that's been broke for months?!". They laughed and said ok.

Here in AZ, I have demolished plenty of weather beaten doorbells. The plastic button crumbles as soon as you push it.

Dr.Brownz

Coworker charged for accident that did not occur, got a call from supervisor claiming customer saw him hit a lawn statue and bent the anchor system inside the statue. He talked with the supervisor and he said they could investigate the accident, but he would be pulled off the road and could take weeks to find out the truth. He called one of are union stewards and talked to him and said"this is wrong and unjustified to pull him from road without any evidence to the customers claim". So he had to choice between no pay for weeks and fight it, or eat it and have a safety ride along and charged with a accident. My question is what would you do in this case?
Carlton.jpg

Coldworld

60 months and counting

It comes down to one thing... some people suck...

Theotherside

W
I would have gone out to the accident site and have the driver meet me. You would be amazed how fast the home owner back tracks when I have the truck the driver and myself at the house. Dropping "Insurance fraud" in a couple of sentences will wrap up that BS also. People do not expect you to do a face to face.
well I’m a home owner looking for the driver who hit a killed my horse to confront him on why he didn’t tell me so I could shoot him so he didn’t suffer and that would of been the end of the situation. But he rolled out and now im dealing with costumer care agents from Over seas waiting o a call from a “dispatch manager”

tadpole

W

well I’m a home owner looking for the driver who hit a killed my horse to confront him on why he didn’t tell me so I could shoot him so he didn’t suffer and that would of been the end of the situation. But he rolled out and now im dealing with costumer care agents from Over seas waiting o a call from a “dispatch manager”
cool story bro.

W

A horse is not a dog so does not count as an accident