customer complaints

1989NW

Shoulda said hold on one second let her calm down a sec and completed the stop, then explained that you are sorry and even though it's not your fault, just let her vent. Drivers are usually the only ones that are seen day in and day out, that's why they let you have it.
I 100% agree with you. I am still new at this I am only on day 17 so I was actually very confused at first when she was accusing me of delivering her packages to a place that I have never been before. I felt like I needed to explain to her that even though your packages are getting delivered only 7 miles away from here it is a completely different route. As soon as she said well I'm not going to argue with an idiot I said well I apologize have a nice day and walked out the door while she was still talking. But good advice thank you

rod

Retired 22 years
I would have acted all concerned and told her I would make sure it never happened again. Then I would have walked away and bit my lips to keep from laughing.

Whymewhytoday

I had a lady ask me why I left a package at her mailbox ...I delivered to her two days in a row and both times to her garage that she keeps open 24/7 ... don't ya the no you would check to see if it was from the post office of it was at your mailbox duh

1989NW

If her packages are all being re routed then why were you at her building?
The building is a strip mall has 6 different businesses and all the businesses have the same address just different suites. The owner of a different business two doors down from her sometimes has her packages sent/rerouted to her home and for some reason since the building is all one address the lady's packages who sent in the complaint get rerouted with them? They are attached in the computer some how. They don't always get rerouted only obout 3 times a month

DRporch

She went as far as telling my sup that I am never allowed to step foot in her building again

sounds like you just got a easy stop now. CL1 and you dont even have to leave the truck!

i love getting the people who bring me the USPS notice and scream at me for not leaving the package.

Last edited:

Union Power

Silent member
sounds like you just got a easy stop now. CL1 and you dont even have to leave the truck!

i love getting the people who bring me the USPS notice and scream at me for not leaving the package.
Yeah, CLO1 will get you into other trouble if they're open.
Nondelivery-other-REFUSED fits the situation if your supe knows that she doesn't want you there anymore and they keep dispatching her stop on to your route.

You have a right to answer the complaint IN WRITING (exposing that it's a PDS screw up) and have that put into your file with the complaint. There's a temporary file and another permanent file that you can't see. Request it to be entered into both.

Last edited:

Dr.Brownz

My Sup told me not to sweat it but told me he has to still send a report about it to the center manager. My question and concern is can I get washed for this complaint? I beat my rout 4 out of 5 days every week and always get my businesses and pick ups completed

Just dont :censored2: up and you are good. They get tons of unfounded complaints all the time

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.Brownz

The building is a strip mall has 6 different businesses and all the businesses have the same address just different suites. The owner of a different business two doors down from her sometimes has her packages sent/rerouted to her home and for some reason since the building is all one address the lady's packages who sent in the complaint get rerouted with them? They are attached in the computer some how. They don't always get rerouted only obout 3 times a month

In other words, UPS's system is causing problems for itself. You'll find this happens 1000's of times everyday. Just keep getting rid of boxes and you are in.

Over disciplined0123

The classic top complaint is. “”I’ve been home all day and no one rang my bell”” and I need that package today ...how many times do you here that one . I had a good one last year I set a box down leaning against side of house and the wind must of knocked it down on there freakin potted mum plant so the manager asked me if I would buy her a new mum (which I delivered to a nursery and got for free so wasn’t a problem )) and the lady called next day and said she didn’t want a yellow one only a red one

Over disciplined0123

The classic top complaint is. “”I’ve been home all day and no one rang my bell”” and I need that package today ...how many times do you here that one . I had a good one last year I set a box down leaning against side of house and the wind must of knocked it down on there freakin potted mum plant so the manager asked me if I would buy her a new mum (which I delivered to a nursery and got for free so wasn’t a problem )) and the lady called next day and said she didn’t want a yellow one only a red one
I come to realize some people are just :censored2:ed up

542thruNthru

I had a customer demand I deliver early. Told my OMS I had some very important blueprints she needed for work. OMS sends me the HIN and last 4 of tracking. I'm looking for this package for awhile. Suddenly I get frustrated with moving this big sink around while doing it. Turns out she lied, the sink was what she wanted.

I refused to go early and refused to give my exact location for her to meet me. Made sure to make it my last stop at 7pm.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
542, that's messed up that management didn't check the tracking number fully to make sure that it wasn't a roll of blueprints...

on teh purple side, the managers can quickly look up the package dimensions and weight.

The only thing it can't differentiate yet if it's a white bag black bag pink bag gray bag or envelopes (smalls) or irregs

542thruNthru

542, that's messed up that management didn't check the tracking number fully to make sure that it wasn't a roll of blueprints...

on teh purple side, the managers can quickly look up the package dimensions and weight.

The only thing it can't differentiate yet if it's a white bag black bag pink bag gray bag or envelopes (smalls) or irregs

To be honest our OMS in the morning is a complete idiot. Though I don't think it's her fault. She was given the address and just gave me the location and last 4 of the tracking real quick.

Everyone on the brown side knows On Road Sups don't do anything. It's the OMS people that they pile it on. So I'm sure she just did it quick to check it off the list.

Though she did get upset with me when I didn't give her my location. ;)

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
To be honest our OMS in the morning is a complete idiot. Though I don't think it's her fault. She was given the address and just gave me the location and last 4 of the tracking real quick.

Everyone on the brown side knows On Road Sups don't do anything. It's the OMS people that they pile it on. So I'm sure she just did it quick to check it off the list.

Though she did get upset with me when I didn't give her my location. ;)
Been on my bid route for 17 years, and I will do whatever I can for a customer.....

.....if they try to help themselves,.....

......and tell the truth.

When they lie, it's game over.
My favorite is when they claim they were home and that I didn't knock or ring the doorbell.
At that point, they're only chance is same day will call.

Been on my bid route for 17 years, and I will do whatever I can for a customer.....

.....if they try to help themselves,.....

......and tell the truth.

When they lie, it's game over.
My favorite is when they claim they were home and that I didn't knock or ring the doorbell.
At that point, they're only chance is same day will call.
Bingo

Yes I tip toes up 30 steps, left an info notice so I can do it again tomorrow...