customer complaints

Union Power

Silent member
A few yrs ago the pm oms sent me a message that such and such commercial customer absolutely had to have her pkg today. The winter weather on area was turning bad and our trucks were being called off the road. I had to go make this delivery before I came in.
I got to the location and found the package.

It was a package of carmel coated apples.
She weighed (no lie) 450+ lbs.

My exasperated comments to the customer (and her boss) were pretty direct. The boss then chewed her out for demanding this delivery when the weather was inclement and many customers weren't even getting their medicine that day. It truly takes all kinds and we see them all in this job.

anHOURover

A few yrs ago the pm oms sent me a message that such and such commercial customer absolutely had to have her pkg today. The winter weather on area was turning bad and our trucks were being called off the road. I had to go make this delivery before I came in.
I got to the location and found the package.

It was a package of carmel coated apples.
She weighed (no lie) 450+ lbs.

My exasperated comments to the customer (and her boss) were pretty direct. The boss then chewed her out for demanding this delivery when the weather was inclement and many customers weren't even getting their medicine that day. It truly takes all kinds and we see them all in this job.
Hey brother
Was she in the buckeye state ?
Brother let's set the date for target practice

Last edited by a moderator:

Over disciplined0123

To be honest our OMS in the morning is a complete idiot. Though I don't think it's her fault. She was given the address and just gave me the location and last 4 of the tracking real quick.

Everyone on the brown side knows On Road Sups don't do anything. It's the OMS people that they pile it on. So I'm sure she just did it quick to check it off the list.

Though she did get upset with me when I didn't give her my location. ;)
Lol. That’s how most are. Dumb as rocks.

CentralSup

When I used to cover for our OMS, I had a concern come in where the customer was asking if the driver that delivered his new 50in T.V. would go back to his house and recover the package and set it up as a will call since it was going to storm and he was out of town.

The concern came in an hour after it had down poured for 30 mins straight. Hail, thunder, lightning, the whole works. The driver was already punched out too.

I called and told him he was s-o-l. First time I ever got chewed out by a customer, literally held the phone away from my ear as he was screaming. Told him sorry there's nothing I can do and hung up.

Why is your 50 in T.V. a driver release package? Why are you out of town when it's supposed to be delivered? Why doe's UPS have to take care of you since you couldn't plan ahead. It's crazy out there.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
When I used to cover for our OMS, I had a concern come in where the customer was asking if the driver that delivered his new 50in T.V. would go back to his house and recover the package and set it up as a will call since it was going to storm and he was out of town.

The concern came in an hour after it had down poured for 30 mins straight. Hail, thunder, lightning, the whole works. The driver was already punched out too.

I called and told him he was s-o-l. First time I ever got chewed out by a customer, literally held the phone away from my ear as he was screaming. Told him sorry there's nothing I can do and hung up.

Why is your 50 in T.V. a driver release package? Why are you out of town when it's supposed to be delivered? Why doe's UPS have to take care of you since you couldn't plan ahead. It's crazy out there.
Why did the driver leave it out where it could get wet? Most drivers today would flunk a driver release audit like we had when I started.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
It's all about getting rid of send agains. Reverse training is reactive not proactive.
Yep. We just watched a home security video of one of our runners doing the bowling ball method with a Mikasa dinnerware set. Didn't even get a slap on the hand.... he spits out some great numbers. Thats all that matters nowadays.

Union Power

Silent member
Yep. We just watched a home security video of one of our runners doing the bowling ball method with a Mikasa dinnerware set. Didn't even get a slap on the hand.... he spits out some great numbers. Thats all that matters nowadays.
The generation that actually cared has retired and or is in the process of doing that.

When we need security cameras and cell phone footage held over our heads to make us behave responsibly we have digressed to a new low. We used to be better than this with each senior driver holding themselves and those of lesser seniority accountable for personally respecting our customers and their property.

Edups

The generation that actually cared has retired and or is in the process of doing that.

When we need security cameras and cell phone footage held over our heads to make us behave responsibly we have digressed to a new low. We used to be better than this with each senior driver holding themselves and those of lesser seniority accountable for personally respecting our customers and their property.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

We???
That's one managements favorite PCM mind control tricks.

There ain't no we in me.

Union Power

Silent member
i am here how may i help
What's up brother? I'm just trying to wrestle out of bubblehead's rebuttal. I meant we as a company, not as just we (us) drivers. He's poking at me again.

Hey man, got any predictions about the upcoming contract? First, second, or third time ratification?

snookbunny420

I am not the company,I see my self as a contracted employee whose values and morals differ from the ones of coworkers and the "company" as a whole. I am however a teamster brother. There is no I in team because I am not on anybody's team but my own.

snookbunny420

What's up brother? I'm just trying to wrestle out of bubblehead's rebuttal. I meant we as a company, not as just we (us) drivers. He's poking at me again.

Hey man, got any predictions about the upcoming contract? First, second, or third time ratification?
as far as contracts go, that i am afraid is no longer in our hands, that belongs to piggy in the palace.