Customer Service: Is your job really, that hard?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Have to give credit to The Home Depot for great customer service. I misplaced my extended service contract for my lawnmower. I retrieved the owners manual from the cabinet in the garage, to find that the receipt had faded completely. I called Home Depot with my predicament, and was treated like I was a king. Audra, the girl that took care of me, was amazingly polite and understanding. She took care of the situation and even when I needed to be transferred, she instead, spoke to the people and took care of me till the very end. A+ to Audra and The Home Depot.

rod

Retired 22 years
2 and a half weeks ago I get a letter from Sears saying my Bosch dishwasher shouldn't be use because of a possible fire hazard. Called their 800 # and was told to wait for repair part and when it arrives call Sears to set up an appointment for the serviceman to make a house call. Did that on monday. Was told the service man would be at my house sometime between 8 A.M. and 5 P.M. (jerks wouldn't narrow it down anymore than that). Service man shows up today , takes the dishwasher apart and laughs as he says - "they sent the wrong part." I could of wrung his neck. Now we start the whole process over again. NO MORE SEARS appliances for me- ever again- anytime:angry: P.S. My wife is gone for 2 weeks so I'm without both my dish washers:wink2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
2 and a half weeks ago I get a letter from Sears saying my Bosch dishwasher shouldn't be use because of a possible fire hazard. Called their 800 # and was told to wait for repair part and when it arrives call Sears to set up an appointment for the serviceman to make a house call. Did that on monday. Was told the service man would be at my house sometime between 8 A.M. anf 5 P.M. (jerks wouldn't narrow it down anymore than that). Service man shows up today , takes the dishwasher apart and laughs as he says - "they sent the wrong part." I could of wrung his neck. Now we start the whole process over again. NO MORE SEARS appliances for me- ever again- anytime:angry: P.S. My wife is gone for 2 weeks so I'm without both my dish washers:wink2:

And when she gets back and reads this post, you'll be without.....:sad-little:

Re-Raise

i have a Compaq computer and ive spent many many hours on the phone just trying to get an actual person to pick up

and its always somebody on the other side of the world like India but they use very american names....well the problem is i just cant even understand what they are saying sometimes

i get mad but i dont take it out on them, i know its not there fault those jobs aer outsourced and they are just trying to make a living like the rest of us

I had a problem with my Dell and they also outsource their service calls to India. We could barely understand anything we were trying to say to each other. At one point he is telling me to press the K key. I kept asking him what key?

He said K as in Kilo. Obviously that is like us saying P as in Pound.

I said brother I have never used the word Kilo in my life.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I had a problem with my Dell and they also outsource their service calls to India. We could barely understand anything we were trying to say to each other. At one point he is telling me to press the K key. I kept asking him what key?

He said K as in Kilo. Obviously that is like us saying P as in Pound.

I said brother I have never used the word Kilo in my life.
You have ever heard the phonetic alphabet. Alpha, bravo, charlie, (I have to stop and think of the rest of them) d?, edward, fox, george, h?, india, john(ithink), kilo, lima, ...........................anyway you have never heards these?

backinbrown

respect my authority
You have ever heard the phonetic alphabet. Alpha, bravo, charlie, (I have to stop and think of the rest of them) d?, edward, fox, george, h?, india, john(ithink), kilo, lima, ...........................anyway you have ever heards these?

i used to know them well

Re-Raise

You have ever heard the phonetic alphabet. Alpha, bravo, charlie, (I have to stop and think of the rest of them) d?, edward, fox, george, h?, india, john(ithink), kilo, lima, ...........................anyway you have never heards these?

Uh no....

I think I heard the Alpha , bravo , charlie thing in a war movie before.. does that count?

So now I have to say P as in Papa?

lima is the best L they could come up with?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Uh no....

I think I heard the Alpha , bravo , charlie thing in a war movie before.. does that count?

So now I have to say P as in Papa?

lima is the best L they could come up with?
They use the most unique words so they cannot be confused with another. They are commonly used by aircraft controllers and in the military.

backinbrown

respect my authority
The NATO phonetic alphabet, more formally the international radiotelephony spelling alphabet, is the most widely used spelling alphabet. Though often called "phonetic alphabets", spelling alphabets have no connection to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phonetic_transcription like the International Phonetic Alphabet. Instead, the NATO alphabet assigns code words to the letters of the English alphabet acrophonically (Alfa for A, Bravo for B, etc.) so that critical combinations of letters (and numbers) can be pronounced and understood by those who transmit and receive voice messages by radio or telephone regardless of their native language, especially when the safety of navigation or persons is essential. The paramount reason is to ensure intelligibility of voice signals over radio

Last edited by a moderator: