customers refuses to sign from 12 - 1

LeddySS98

I delivered to McDoodles on friday, and I have to wait for a McManager to sign... It's like 12:45 and the guy tells me that he'll no longer sign for anything between 12 and 1 since that is there busy lunch hour... I'm there for 4 seconds of his time... so what would you do? The stop is on the end of my loop and I head back down the other side of town...

do i not ready him and try again the next day to see if i happen to be there sooner or later? do i go all the way back there at 6:00 every night to make one more stop?

Any advice...

over9five

Staff member
Orrrrrrrrr...................if ya wanted to be nice, it's 12:45 anyhow. Take your lunch and that can be your first stop after lunch.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I delivered to McDoodles on friday, and I have to wait for a McManager to sign... It's like 12:45 and the guy tells me that he'll no longer sign for anything between 12 and 1 since that is there busy lunch hour... I'm there for 4 seconds of his time... so what would you do? The stop is on the end of my loop and I head back down the other side of town...

do i not ready him and try again the next day to see if i happen to be there sooner or later? do i go all the way back there at 6:00 every night to make one more stop?

Any advice...

We all have certain stops that have special requests that we need to do our best to comply with. I have 3 schools on my route and they have all asked that I do not deliver there between 2:10 and 2:50 as this is their dismissal time.

12-1 is the absolute worst time to be anywhere near a Mickey D's. The manager sounds as though he is trying to work with you and I think you should return the favor by either delivering there before or after their busy time. He may not be so cordial next time and may instead choose to call in a concern.

SWORDFISH

Or you could ask him if you could do signed delivery notice w/ his name tagged to it. That way you could just go in at set it in there and leave. I do it w/ some counselors I deliver to, so I dont have to interupt thier sessions w/ a signature.

Or if your in the area later Mcds is open way late. You could deliver it very last.

Or if I were a supe I would say you could just quit and work for them.:wink2:

JohnnyPension

I guess he is not "tipping" you with free Big Macs. I used to deliver the payroll checks to a mickie d's. They all came running to sign when I pulled up in front.

UPSGUY72

Asi see there are three things you could do

1. Ni1 leave a delivery notice at the counter with the person taking the orders.

2. Refused RTS

3. If you want to play his game deliver at 1:01 and when he says there busy tell him it's after 1 then refused and RTS.

He just an A-hole how long does it take to sign for a package (5 sec). I could see if it was a school when there are safety issues with you being around with alot of kids getting out and it a safety issue. But Mcdonalds isn't just busy from 12-1 people have lunch all day what happens when you go in there at 2 or 3 and they are busy is he going to not sign.

I'd go in there again and if he tell you he is not going to sign for it. Say, "I understand you don't want to sign for the package I'll have it sent back. Have a nice day". He might change he tune. If we delivered package only when it was convenient for the receiver nothing would every get delivered. If they want it at a certian time it's called NDA, NDAS or early am they pay extra for that service other than that they get there package when we get there sometime between 9 and 5 if it a business or when we get there for a resident.

UPSGUY72

I guess he is not "tipping" you with free Big Macs. I used to deliver the payroll checks to a mickie d's. They all came running to sign when I pulled up in front.

Tell me about it I have one Mickie D's that when I go to the manager is always asking me if I want something apple pie, drink, burger.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Tell him your busy hour is every hour, from the time you clock in, till the time you clock out.
Do you want to sign for the package or should I send it back?

Here, if the business has a sign posted that reads..*No Deliveries between 12:00-1:00*, we have to deliver either before or after. We were always told it was our company policy, I guess it's just our center policy.

bad company

semi-pro
The customer concern would be invalid. The customer was there and available to recieve the package. The customer refused to sign. Refused - Return to shipper. They'll change their tune real soon...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Refused to sign"

RTS

+1. The 12-1 rule is only for those who are closed during that time.

Asi see there are three things you could do

1. Ni1 leave a delivery notice at the counter with the person taking the orders.

2. Refused RTS

3. If you want to play his game deliver at 1:01 and when he says there busy tell him it's after 1 then refused and RTS.

He just an A-hole how long does it take to sign for a package (5 sec). I could see if it was a school when there are safety issues with you being around with alot of kids getting out and it a safety issue. But Mcdonalds isn't just busy from 12-1 people have lunch all day what happens when you go in there at 2 or 3 and they are busy is he going to not sign.

I'd go in there again and if he tell you he is not going to sign for it. Say, "I understand you don't want to sign for the package I'll have it sent back. Have a nice day". He might change he tune. If we delivered package only when it was convenient for the receiver nothing would every get delivered. If they want it at a certian time it's called NDA, NDAS or early am they pay extra for that service other than that they get there package when we get there sometime between 9 and 5 if it a business or when we get there for a resident.

Tell him your busy hour is every hour, from the time you clock in, till the time you clock out.
Do you want to sign for the package or should I send it back?

...and you guys wonder where the S in UPS has gone?

What is the big deal about working with this guy and delivering outside of the 12-1 window (and I don't mean 1:01)?

UPSGUY72

...and you guys wonder where the S in UPS has gone?

What is the big deal about working with this guy and delivering outside of the 12-1 window (and I don't mean 1:01)?

If we worked with everyone nothing would get delivered. HE said not between 12-1 if 1:01 isn't a good time then may 11:59 is better if not when is a good time???? That is exactly why ups doesn't set delivery times becasue they would be out of business.

S- ervice mean we provided a service by delivering packages from one person to another we don't deliver package only when it is convenient for the receiver.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If we worked with everyone nothing would get delivered. HE said not between 12-1 if 1:01 isn't a good time then may 11:59 is better if not when is a good???? That is exactly why ups doesn't set delivery times becasue they would be out of business.

On the flip side, if we refuse to work with everyone there may be nothing for us to deliver.