customers refuses to sign from 12 - 1

SWORDFISH

On the flip side, if we refuse to work with everyone there may be nothing for us to deliver.

There was a day when we where able to come closer to when people want us to come. Also a day when you could go back by your send agains on the way in and get them to the customer. In most centers unlike yours UPS has made these things a thing of the past. You need to be nagging UPS corporate about this stuff not the grunts just trying to get the massive amount of work on the truck done.:peaceful:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There was a day when we where able to come closer to when people want us to come. Also a day when you could go back by your send agains on the way in and get them to the customer. In most centers unlike yours UPS has made these things a thing of the past. You need to be nagging UPS corporate about this stuff not the grunts just trying to get the massive amount of work on the truck done.:peaceful:

I had a 10+ hour day Friday, which included double tripping for late air, yet I managed to go back to 2 send agains and got rid of them both. I was punched out and gone by 1815 and, yes, I took my full 45 and 10.

Overpaid Union Thug

Would "NR1" between 1200 and 1300 show up the same as a "NI1"? I've never tried it. You'd think NO since it implies that the customer was there. Meaning....NOT closed!

I delivered to McDoodles on friday, and I have to wait for a McManager to sign... It's like 12:45 and the guy tells me that he'll no longer sign for anything between 12 and 1 since that is there busy lunch hour... I'm there for 4 seconds of his time... so what would you do? The stop is on the end of my loop and I head back down the other side of town...

do i not ready him and try again the next day to see if i happen to be there sooner or later? do i go all the way back there at 6:00 every night to make one more stop?

Any advice...
Take your lunch then get him to sign. Between 12 and 1 is there busy time what if a customer wanted you to pick up 15 boxes at 10:12 am and you had 5 air stops left you would tell him you would have to come back later it's called customer service.

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
I had a 10+ hour day Friday, which included double tripping for late air, yet I managed to go back to 2 send agains and got rid of them both. I was punched out and gone by 1815 and, yes, I took my full 45 and 10.

Wow, what time do you start? I only have 8 1/2 hours at 1815

SWORDFISH

Good man. Everyone doesnt have this option. What if MCds for instance is at the very end of your route and to go back would mean adding 15 extra miles to your day?

Would "NR1" between 1200 and 1300 show up the same as a "NI1"? I've never tried it. You'd think NO since it implies that the customer was there. Meaning....NOT closed!

People shouldnt be putting NR or NI for such situation. If they wont sign its simply refused. NR is for p/ups and Cods and NI could be considered falsifications seems how everyone knows that MCds is open before and after our hours.

SmithBarney

McD's and various others offer me a Supersize cup when I'm there, I usually fill it with ice and orange drink or water.

Show up and DR it to the first nametag you can read...

SWORDFISH

I had a 10+ hour dispatch. We start at 0915. Double tripping boosts your dispatch. Everything fell off the car, including the late air.

Fredly, DRing a business will earn you a T/W.

I think he means what I said earlier. Doing a signed delivery notice except its a bad idea to just pick somebody and put thier name on it. I didnt say to do that by the way.

talkwith

I like swordfish's reply. Leave him a book of infonotices to sign. If he is actually too busy (which is a crock of bs) he will sign the infonotices. If not, he will just say "Okay, go ahead and deliver when you get here." If you don't pass by the stop later in the route you should be firm. We are not required to make a 2nd attempt on the same day. i would play hardball if he won't sign infonotices. We can't cater to everyone.

705red

Browncafe Steward
...and you guys wonder where the S in UPS has gone?

What is the big deal about working with this guy and delivering outside of the 12-1 window (and I don't mean 1:01)?

Dave not everyones route is tight where its only a few minute drive to reattempt a delivery. If he is the manager, that hopefully means he has some multi tasking ability. How long could it possibly take him to sign and say have a nice day? It sounds like this manager thinks he is the CEO of McDonalds and he should get over himself real quick after i refused his delivery.

If the business is open and he says he is too busy to sign RTS that bad boy and send it back, within a week he will be begging you to come between 12 and 1.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I have a whole string of fast food joints I deliver around the noon hour. Start by being nice to people and they will cooperate with you. Act like you understand that they are busy also. I would rather wait an extra minute then spend 10 minutes going back. I would never RTS a persons package. That's their decision to make, not mine.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
I like swordfish's reply. Leave him a book of infonotices to sign. If he is actually too busy (which is a crock of bs) he will sign the infonotices. If not, he will just say "Okay, go ahead and deliver when you get here." If you don't pass by the stop later in the route you should be firm. We are not required to make a 2nd attempt on the same day. i would play hardball if he won't sign infonotices. We can't cater to everyone.

Well, I'm not sure how you know hes not busy?! This is the mentality that some of "OUR" customers have about us. Respect the man/woman that they "may" be busy. You are correct when you say "We can't cater to everyone", but you can at least make an effort for most!
I plan on retiring from UPS and I want these customers to be around for a long time, so don't blow it!!!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
The manager is not showing the driver any respect, why should the driver go out of his way to show repect to the customer. He is trying to make himself more important than the driver and every other customer by doing this. I am with RED and several others. RTS Refused, after a couple he"ll come around. You probably won"t even have to actually RTS one, just tell him that if he refuses to sign you have no choice but to return his package. He is no better than anyone else!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The manager is not showing the driver any respect, why should the driver go out of his way to show repect to the customer. He is trying to make himself more important than the driver and every other customer by doing this. I am with RED and several others. RTS Refused, after a couple he"ll come around. You probably won"t even have to actually RTS one, just tell him that if he refuses to sign you have no choice but to return his package. He is no better than anyone else!!

The manager is trying to work with the driver by politely asking him not to attempt delivery between noon and 1. Have you ever been anywhere near a Mickey D's at that time? Why would you even want to attempt delivery during that time? Managing a fast food joint is more than just serving the food--it is like running a daycare--and the last thing that manager needs is an impatient UPS driver. You may be right in that the manager may be on a power trip but he is trying to work with the driver--he could have just as easily picked up the phone and called in a concern. I just don't see the big deal in doing as the manager asks and delivering either before or after the lunch rush.

RTS refused and you may just end up with a corporate complaint.

UPSGUY72

Well, I'm not sure how you know hes not busy?! This is the mentality that some of "OUR" customers have about us. Respect the man/woman that they "may" be busy. You are correct when you say "We can't cater to everyone", but you can at least make an effort for most!
I plan on retiring from UPS and I want these customers to be around for a long time, so don't blow it!!!

We have to make our shippers happy this guy is a receiver he has no control of who the shipper use to deliver there packages matter a fact he really has not control of anything if he complained to his boss about it his boss would probably laugh about it.

Most shippers use UPS or FEDEX becasue of PRICE they don't switch to FEDEX becasue of service because UPS provides more and better services than FEDEX. FEDEX will lower there price so low that they don't make anymoney just to get business but eventually the shippers get waht they pay for and come back to us.