Dangle the retirement "carrot" for CS members.....

trickpony1

When I voted for the contract and subsequent retirement benefits I was led to believe the insurance was $50 each for member and spouse the first year, $75 each for member and spouse the second year and $100 each for member and spouse the third year.

Guess what?

An informed person told me that CS members won't be getting that tiered progression. CS members will pay $200 each for member and spouse as, apparently, in the past. The informed person then tried to sugar coat it by saying, "...oh but...your deductible and prescription costs will be lower than the areas that got the tiered progression and you will get vision and dental".

What other surprises are coming?

Thinking about retiring as a member of Central States? You might want to rethink.....

Stay classy IBT, stay classy.

oldngray

nowhere special
Not really but I am getting tired of being lied to.
I can't trust the company or the union anymore......

Retirees were paying $50 per month and it was announced of the increase to $200 over a couple of year period (with $100 next year before increasing to $200) in the new contract. It sucks but the ones who already retired are the ones who got blindsided. Now you can see the changes before you retire so you aren't being lied to. Retirees did get hosed but that is old news if you had paid attention.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Costs keep going up and will continue to do so. In the 177, we put in part of our raise to boost the pension, but the insurance went up too, so it is a wash.