Das feeder

jaker

trolling
I haven't started working at ups yet but how long until I can go feeder and why is it all the others drivers I know can't tell me anything about the job

KzooUPSer

Once you go Brown...
I haven't started working at ups yet but how long until I can go feeder and why is it all the others drivers I know can't tell me anything about the job

If and when you start working for UPS you will start gaining seniority after a certain amount of time depending on the local contract. "Bid" sheets will be posted for different positions, feeder positions being one of them. If a feeder job goes up for bid and you put your name on the sheet and have the highest seniority of all the people on the bid sheet, you can get the feeder job. Because of the way this process works, there's is no definite amount of time before you will get a feeder job. Lets put it this way though, the bid sheets at my center have several people signed up for feeder jobs that started working for UPS in the early 80's...

If you get lucky, maybe people with high seniority wont bid for the job, or there could be such a high demand for new feeders (not likely) that they will exhaust all the people with higher seniority and move their way down the list to you.

If you truly want a feeder job, be prepared to be at UPS for YEARS before you even come close.

however, I'm not sure if this applies for feeder drivers, but PKG car drivers have a 6:1 hiring ratio, meaning for every 6 current UPSers that get hired into driver jobs, the company must hire 1 outside or non-union applicant.

If the 6:1 rule applies for feeders, you could wait and watch the UPS site for them to post an open feeder job, and try applying that way.. That is the most likely way for you to get a feeder job with UPS without having to work there for years... Still, not incredibly likely though.

jr32bad

10 years gets you cover driver in feeders and vacations in spring and fall no summer

Sent using BrownCafe App

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I had one job for 3 years when I first came into feeders. It was called "the shifting job" and it consisted of starting at 1 pm, going to lunch at 5pm getting into a tractor and making a CPU at Compaq computer, come back to shifting till the midnight lineup was in about 11:30pm. It was the only job that I could see daylight on. Man O man was it hot. Heat of the day, you are literally sitting on top of a very hot engine, and the floorboard got so hot it would burn your feet thru your shoes. oh, and that 6" fan . brrrrrr that was the best shape I was ever in while in the feeder department. haha

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I had one job for 3 years when I first came into feeders. It was called "the shifting job" and it consisted of starting at 1 pm, going to lunch at 5pm getting into a tractor and making a CPU at Compaq computer, come back to shifting till the midnight lineup was in about 11:30pm. It was the only job that I could see daylight on. Man O man was it hot. Heat of the day, you are literally sitting on top of a very hot engine, and the floorboard got so hot it would burn your feet thru your shoes. oh, and that 6" fan . brrrrrr that was the best shape I was ever in while in the feeder department. haha
those things are brutally hot !! I used to leave door open when stopped and closed it during moves to keep heat out !!