Dating

mikeups1978

I've dated a co-worker at the job, and let me tell U that is a very bad idea especially if things go South. Then I'd have to see them everyday for as long as they are working there. When it did go downhill there was a point where I asked her a question and she screamed at the top of her lungs at me. Made me feel sad and embarrassed! Very uncalled for. I really don't know how to handle co-workers like this. Ever since I started working at UPS I had supervisors, managers, and other co-worker yell and holler at me for some very stupid crap when I was trying to be nice to them.

I know I can't be nice to everyone, and that will lead to people stepping all over me. I wouldn't want to go to HR because the only thing they'll do is twist my words around to make seem like it's my fault. The whole place sucks to all hell, and now I know why they can't keep people!

over9five

Staff member
Never date people you work with, or people on your route. It's your work not your social life.

PS, I know you know that now!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I've dated a co-worker at the job, and let me tell U that is a very bad idea especially if things go South. Then I'd have to see them everyday for as long as they are working there. When it did go downhill there was a point where I asked her a question and she screamed at the top of her lungs at me. Made me feel sad and embarrassed! Very uncalled for. I really don't know how to handle co-workers like this. Ever since I started working at UPS I had supervisors, managers, and other co-worker yell and holler at me for some very stupid crap when I was trying to be nice to them.

I know I can't be nice to everyone, and that will lead to people stepping all over me. I wouldn't want to go to HR because the only thing they'll do is twist my words around to make seem like it's my fault. The whole place sucks to all hell, and now I know why they can't keep people!

You said in another post you used that you carry alot of anger. Calm down and just shuffle boxes.

If you are going to stay at ups I would get some thicker skin and dont $h|+ where you eat. The world is a big place go somewhere else to find a date.

Returntosender

"Women treat us just as humanity treats its gods. They worship us, and are always bothering us to do something for them." Oscar Wilde. Does'nt that sound like UPS management, your sup tells you do this and your girl tells you do this at work. Just have fun with the UPS women, don't turn into a loverboy.

Johney

Words of wisdom...Never fish off the company pier or as 407 said it don't crap where you eat. It always seems to go bad.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Never date people you work with, or people on your route. It's your work not your social life.
I married a woman almost 20 years ago that I delivered to on my route. It's not always a bad idea.
There was a time though, when I was dating a girl on the preload and an evening clerk at the same time! It made life very interesting for a short while.

over9five

Staff member
I married a woman almost 20 years ago that I delivered to on my route. It's not always a bad idea.
There was a time though, when I was dating a girl on the preload and an evening clerk at the same time! It made life very interesting for a short while.

You are the .001% exception to the rule. Congrats on the 20 years!

PS. I met my wife of 25 years at work too.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
On another note, sometimes things can go too well. If, lets say, you were to marry a co-worker, would you be able to handle them working around "the team" at work and still be cool about the locker room jokes and flirting?

If you have a short fuse, no pun intended, (hahahaha) you might want to consider anything and everything besides work "dates".

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We have a husband-wife team at work and they basically do whatever they want. They're stuck to each other like glue all day. The guy is an hourly but he has a walkie-talkie and acts as a supervisor, telling others what to do and where to go. It's really pretty humorous when you get past the politics involved... roll your eyes and laugh

I think as long as you're dating someone that does not work in the same area, it could be okay. However, like basically everyone else has said, mileage will vary. :)

DataGurll

Since when are employees allowed to date? I had a friend who lost her job because she and her UPSer boyfriend were found out. Is this allowed in small package??