Dave Chapelle should be considered a bigot.

bbsam

Staff member
I don’t think Dave stole the bit, but it’s interesting seeing how Owen was treated for doing these sort of bits compared to how Dave is treated.

It matches the double standard narrative of the thread.
Again, Dave walked away from $50 million contract. I don’t think he cares if a few people get offended.

Ricky Gervais offended some people with Bruce Jenner jokes. His response was brilliant. Worth a view if you’re interested in that kinda stuff.

El Correcto

god is dead
Again, Dave walked away from $50 million contract. I don’t think he cares if a few people get offended.

Ricky Gervais offended some people with Bruce Jenner jokes. His response was brilliant. Worth a view if you’re interested in that kinda stuff.
I don’t see your point in any of these. I’m highlighting the double standard given to blacks and liberals in our society when it comes to being vocal.

White men who are mildly right wing will not get away with saying these things.

bbsam

Staff member
I don’t see your point in any of these. I’m highlighting the double standard given to blacks and liberals in our society when it comes to being vocal.

White men who are mildly right wing will not get away with saying these things.
The point is that the double standard doesn’t really exist unless someone like Owen Benjamin succumbs to it.

Chapelle was told how his show was going to be and he said “No!”

Benjamin was told how his show was going to be and he rolled.

The standard isn’t the joke itself. The standard is people trying to reign in comics. George Carlin made a career of telling those folks to go friend themselves. In fact the “7 words you can’t say on television” is comedy platinum legend.

El Correcto

god is dead
The point is that the double standard doesn’t really exist unless someone like Owen Benjamin succumbs to it.

Chapelle was told how his show was going to be and he said “No!”

Benjamin was told how his show was going to be and he rolled.

The standard isn’t the joke itself. The standard is people trying to reign in comics. George Carlin made a career of telling those folks to go friend themselves. In fact the “7 words you can’t say on television” is comedy platinum legend.
Owen didn’t he is still around. I don’t keep up with the guy much. He faced more backlash than Dave ever has for dipping into racist comedy. He is even considered “alt right”.

MAKAVELI

Owen didn’t he is still around. I don’t keep up with the guy much. He faced more backlash than Dave ever has for dipping into racist comedy. He is even considered “alt right”.
Owen is just a :censored2:bag and not funny at all. It's really not so much about the content as it's about the delivery. Chappelle is one of the greatest at the nuances of comedy.

El Correcto

god is dead
Owen is just a :censored2:bag and not funny at all. It's really not so much about the content as it's about the delivery. Chappelle is one of the greatest at the nuances of comedy.
Chapelle has a black pass that allows him to explore those avenues of comedy. Most white people are walking on egg shells if they even attempt to go into that area. I don’t need a lecture from a privileged black man on how society treats us whites.

El Correcto

god is dead
If people even pose as white people anonymously on the internet and deny the holocaust or call for Jews to be killed they are labeled hateful bigots and need to be placed on a list.

If al sharpton does it in real life with a Jew actually being killed he gets a tv show.

Just privileged black things.

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't know much about Owen's comedy but I do know Chappelle is great------although he does get a "free pass " for stuff that if a white guy said it he would be drummed out of the business.

vantexan

I don't know much about Owen's comedy but I do know Chappelle is great------although he does get a "free pass " for stuff that if a white guy said it he would be drummed out of the business.
I'm just glad we have someone like Chappelle saying these things. He makes those who say you can't say those things look stupid. Left or Right he gets everyone. Glad this was mentioned here, needed a good laugh.

Dr.Brownz

Didn't he check himself into a mental health clinic some years ago? Some sort of breakdown. I admit I laughed at most of his skits. But I also remember members of the black community saying he was setting them back 50 yrs.

Yeah as opposed to all these rappers smackin bitches and killin hoes

bbsam

Staff member
Gervais is pretty far left wing. He had huge backlash from his Golden Globe appearance.

Get over your whiteness. That’s not where it’s at. There are some who try to limit comics of every color and political spectrum. Most comics just have to learn to take it. The best are able to turn the critics into their punchlines.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Gervais is pretty far left wing. He had huge backlash from his Golden Globe appearance.

Get over your whiteness. That’s not where it’s at. There are some who try to limit comics of every color and political spectrum. Most comics just have to learn to take it. The best are able to turn the critics into their punchlines.
If you get over your Blackness?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Chapelle has a black pass that allows him to explore those avenues of comedy
Most white people are walking on egg shells
friend they even attempt to go into that area. I don’t need a lecture from a privileged black man on how society treats us whites.
That is the culture these days.
It's like it's not good enough to be equal to and accepted as Whites are ... they are not satisfied unless non-Whites feel superior to Whites.
Asians really are ... including Indians.

El Correcto

god is dead

Some comics are limited more than others. Mainly right wing white ones. Quit lecturing me from a point of privilege, you’re a bourgeois black liberal man. Everything wrong with society these days.