Davis Out, Abney In - New Meat for the Old Bitching Beat

OPTION3

Abney will take over at a crucial time, as UPS heads toward the height of the holiday e-commerce rush that overwhelmed the company with last-minute shipments in 2013. He led the team that reviewed UPS’s response, which spawned a $100 million, multiyear push to expand some parcel facilities and accelerate use of new technology to make delivery routes more efficient.

Well, as you can see, we have absolutely nothing to worry about this peak. Should be smooth sailing........
…..captain…Iceberg dead ahead……
Damn the Iceberg full speed ahead

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Oh, just a troll.....doesn't count!!
facepalm.jpg

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Division mgr. was hubby's job.
I gave up a career and just held many jobs as UPS moved us around.
He started as a driver and worked his way up. I lived it too....cuts in pay can change a budget (my job was the budget), time away doubled my job as mom to young kids.
Being away weeks at a time like at SBTS is a struggle.

The spouses also live UPS and tend to bleed brown too. Insight is keen in spouses.
Yes, we also reap the rewards. After years of sacrifice, it paid off. The kids lived UPS too. My junior was moved to a new school for her senior year. She didn't know a soul, making her graduation experience dull.

I had 28 years of UPS.......I may not have worked there, but I supported he who did.
Yeah, but did he fight for the culture we all cut our teeth on, or did he sacrifice it? 99% of a non-management UPSER's frustration comes from the disillusionment in upper management's perceived incompetence and disloyalty to our traditions. We want to respect and revere our leaders, in case you haven't noticed most people's respect for Casey's legacy, but RESPECT IS EARNED, and it has not been easy to respect our leadership in the last 10 years. Hopefully all of your family's sacrifice was worth it, beyond your financial gains. Personally, I chose to leave the mgmt ranks in order to proudly wear the shield and browns. I know what hard work is, too, as do all the other honest UPSERs.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yeah, but did he fight for the culture we all cut our teeth on, or did he sacrifice it? 99% of a non-management UPSER's frustration comes from the disillusionment in upper management's perceived incompetence and disloyalty to our traditions. We want to respect and revere our leaders, in case you haven't noticed most people's respect for Casey's legacy, but RESPECT IS EARNED, and it has not been easy to respect our leadership in the last 10 years. Hopefully all of your family's sacrifice was worth it, beyond your financial gains. Personally, I chose to leave the mgmt ranks in order to proudly wear the shield and browns. I know what hard work is, too, as do all the other honest UPSERs.

Your choice is just that.
Thank goodness the moving around brought us to CA. The perfect weather and couldn't have picked a better retirement place.
The financial gain was tremendous.......here comes everyone saying...."Money isn't everything"....yeah, that's what poor people say.
YOLO !!

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Your choice is just that.
Thank goodness the moving around brought us to CA. The perfect weather and couldn't have picked a better retirement place.
The financial gain was tremendous.......here comes everyone saying...."Money isn't everything"....yeah, that's what poor people say.
YOLO !!
So, you've proved my point-just another carrot chaser willing to sell the company out for individual gain. Oh-well...I guess my "poor people" household will have to get by on a 6 figure single income, while my kids grow up in the house they were born in. I hope they're ok with growing up with their kindergarten friends and a father who comes home every evening and a stay at home mom. I know my wife and kids hate all the vacation time, fhp's and sick days I'm entitled to, too. Did I mention the pension, 401k and paycheck? Oh well, maybe when I retire with beat up knees, a healthy heart and no mistresses at 55, the good Lord will forgive my career of a fair days pay, for a fair days work. Hope to see you and yours on the beach here in SoCal, too. Enjoy your money!