Day after Christmas (Dec 26)

browndevil

My center on the east coast does not know for sure what we are doing on the 26th. I myself will take the 26th and the 29th off with no pay. Seems like a bonus to me after the rush of peak.
Me too! This is a good reason to keep sick days on the books for one of those" loosely defined personal days" I will be sleeping in on the 26. It will be nice to have a four day weekend:happy2:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Mufstafo, is that UPS store in Belmont still having Jose pin up those flyers?

I am not happy about missing 2 paid days next week.
First off, it was the watertown store, and no because jose left months ago, somerville stole him back. Haven't been able to find anyone as good since.
Now both watertown & belmont park their ups vans ( white ones ) in front of the counter blocking the doors on sats.

brownrodster

My center on the east coast does not know for sure what we are doing on the 26th. I myself will take the 26th and the 29th off with no pay. Seems like a bonus to me after the rush of peak.

I would also LOVE to take those days off with or without pay!!!! Long weekends are great! But I'm right on the edge and wondering weather I'm going to be on layoff or not in january so the extra money would help.

Our center told us about this at PCM but did not say who was working or not. We have a lot of old timers that always take extra work so I probably won't be working.

PAUPSER

We was just informed that are center is only working at 1/4 capacity on the 26th. The posted a sign up sheet on people that wanted to work or be off without pay on the 26th, which of course I was 2nd in line to sign up to be off! I will gladly enjoy my 4 day vacation!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We was just informed that are center is only working at 1/4 capacity on the 26th. The posted a sign up sheet on people that wanted to work or be off without pay on the 26th, which of course I was 2nd in line to sign up to be off! I will gladly enjoy my 4 day vacation!

Weird, it's a 5 day vaca for us. Wed - Sun.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
First off, it was the watertown store, and no because jose left months ago, somerville stole him back. Haven't been able to find anyone as good since.
Now both watertown & belmont park their ups vans ( white ones ) in front of the counter blocking the doors on sats.

probably closer for him anyway. I forgot he came from there. Did he ever get one continous shift?

How are Santas little helpers doing from accounting at the counter? Everyone getting along like peanutbutter and jelly? ;D

fethrs

At my hub the 22.3 folks were given 4 options for the 24th AND the 26th. 1.Work my gauranteed 8 hours. 2.Get paid for hours worked. 3. Use an FHP day from 2009 or sick day and get paid (or something similar can't remember exact wording) or 4.Take an "R" day which is a request day off, no pay. The 26th is usually considered a normal work day, my hub has never done this before, it's a big hub we process over 80,000 pieces in sunrise sort.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
I am burnt out and will gladly take the day off with out pay. Some people complain all week long because they have too much work and are working a ton of hours but when it is time to take a day off with no pay all heck breaks loose because you can't afford to miss a day. Give me a break, some people need to live a different life style. I like my time off and will take a extra day to spend with the family.

browniehound

found out last night that we now have the friday off. yea, I'll take a five day weekend every once in a while. Who cares about pay when you hang with the kids and play with all the new toys.:happy-very:

Amen! Time with your family and away from UPS is much more valuable than a day's pay. This has always been my opinion even if we worked 40 hours maximum every week. We don't. We work 44 hours minimum in my center except for 2 drivers out of 50.

My feeling is if you worked everyday of the year at 8.5-11 hours per day you shouldn't need the day's pay for the 26th. I must say that a few stubborn drivers exist that want to work and want their 8 hours. I can't "fathom" working Dec.26th when its optional NOT to do so:sick:.

My feeling is we made enough money throughout the year becuase of the OT we are forced to work. This brings me to another point.

UPS drivers should be the best at managing their budgets compared to many other proffessions and I'm not joking. As a UPS driver (or any hourly employee) you set up the budget based on 40 hours/week. If you set your budget with OT in the equation I think you are playing with fire and being stupid!

When we are fortunate enough to work over 8 hours/day it gives a lot of breathing room in our spending "part" of the budget, lol! We work too many hours so I must say we all deserve it off! Just take the day if you can!

To all the "hours die hards", for heavens sake
take the 26th off! You deserve it. We all deserve it. Relax and enjoy yourself but be ready to hump and dump on December 29th!

Merry Christmas to everyone at Brown Cafe from "Browniehound".

I look forward to hearing from everyone in the new year!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Found out today....... 5-7 rtes on friday (air and send-agains only), no p/u's unless pre-scheduled (except UPS stores, Nationwide). Hopefully we will be able to get everything out wed night.

brownrodster

Working friday. Center hopes to catch up with Xmas deliveries on the day after Xmas. LOL. We have thousands of packages sitting in trailors that are not getting unloaded everyday. Not enough trucks and drivers. We needed rentals and peak drivers.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Amen! Time with your family and away from UPS is much more valuable than a day's pay. This has always been my opinion even if we worked 40 hours maximum every week. We don't. We work 44 hours minimum in my center except for 2 drivers out of 50.

My feeling is if you worked everyday of the year at 8.5-11 hours per day you shouldn't need the day's pay for the 26th. I must say that a few stubborn drivers exist that want to work and want their 8 hours. I can't "fathom" working Dec.26th when its optional NOT to do so:sick:.

My feeling is we made enough money throughout the year becuase of the OT we are forced to work. This brings me to another point.

UPS drivers should be the best at managing their budgets compared to many other proffessions and I'm not joking. As a UPS driver (or any hourly employee) you set up the budget based on 40 hours/week. If you set your budget with OT in the equation I think you are playing with fire and being stupid!

When we are fortunate enough to work over 8 hours/day it gives a lot of breathing room in our spending "part" of the budget, lol! We work too many hours so I must say we all deserve it off! Just take the day if you can!

take the 26th off! You deserve it. We all deserve it. Relax and enjoy yourself but be ready to hump and dump on December 29th!

You mjust be a true New Englander, you completely hijacked my thread and turned it into a "drivesr getting a day off" self centered and absorbed masterpiece :p

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What was the original point of this thread again? I forgot.

BTW, Browniehound good point about budgeting for 40 hours.

It's actually not a good point.

Most inside employees (he/she did say hourlies) in THE SAME BUILDING/CENTERES HE WORKS do not get 40 hours a week, outside of peak of course. And if they/we do they are going to be bullied for trying to do so. Infact after peak I would not be surprised if some of us are laid off back to part-time.

BigBrownSanta

Actually Browniehound's point is valid. It looks like he's talking about drivers, not PTers.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I am just telling him, as a friend/t employee in the same building, there's no 40 hours to go around here. If you try for 40 management harrassess you, messes with your pay and are generally difficult.