Day after Christmas (Dec 26)

Babagounj

Strength through joy
probably closer for him anyway. I forgot he came from there. Did he ever get one continous shift?

How are Santas little helpers doing from accounting at the counter? Everyone getting along like peanutbutter and jelly? ;D
Only Kevin & Ray this year, & squirrelly still complains " too many people here ".
Doing around 80 miles a day now since Mark had another accident & I have to cover his air run. So I'm only there for a few minutes everyday.
Don't know about Jose.

BigBrownSanta

What was the original point of this thread again? I forgot. :happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

BTW, Browniehound good point about budgeting for 40 hours.

I've edited my earlier post to reflect my original intent. As you can see, I forgot my smilies.:happy-very:

As far as Browniehound's point, it's all relative to your situation.

If a driver is working 50 hours a week and budgets for 50 hours a week, they are setting themselves up for a problem if their OT gets reduced.

The same is true for combo employees. If you are budgeting for 40 hours and are only getting 30, you're not going to be able to pay all of your bills.

And, if you're a PTer, you surely won't budget for 40 hours.

Basically what Browniehound is saying is don't live above your means, to which I say is good advice.

A

anonymous6

It doesn't make any sense at all if working on fridays the 26th and again 2nd on friday too. If they say both are off day, it would mean no pay for this, right? I can't find anything on the contract regarding after christmas holidays but I know that there was a holidays pay on monday because christmas was landed on sunday. It's weird but it won't be any clear on this. Anyway if ups says going to tell us that 26 is off day and 2nd is also off day, then it should be provided additional holiday pay? Make sense or not?

according to the contract, a bid run driver is guranteed 5 8hr days a week. they tried to get me to take a sp but when i mentioned the contract they called me twice today and told me i was working friday.

you should grieve it if they don't pay for the 26th and 2nd. they are not holidays.

I'mTheMan

according to the contract, a bid run driver is guranteed 5 8hr days a week. they tried to get me to take a sp but when i mentioned the contract they called me twice today and told me i was working friday.

you should grieve it if they don't pay for the 26th and 2nd. they are not holidays.

So if UPS are not going to provide work then it should be pay for? As for me, I will still be working but just air services only but no ground sort though. Even though they will just mark "Layoff" on 24th and 26th. That's what company is doing right now in order to save money and not pay out holiday for Christmas Eve and New Years Eve,etc.

A

anonymous6

So if UPS are not going to provide work then it should be pay for? As for me, I will still be working but just air services only but no ground sort though. Even though they will just mark "Layoff" on 24th and 26th. That's what company is doing right now in order to save money and not pay out holiday for Christmas Eve and New Years Eve,etc.

gee, i really should feel sorry for a company that made billions in profit last year. ( for years and years for that matter )

you go ahead and take a hit for "the team"

i'm working for my family's future.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I agree about not living above your means. Would someone please tell my wife about this idea?

I've been told that I have to work on Friday and since I'm working I asked for 8 hrs. I don't know why they need so many people in our building, as there shouldn't be that much stuff. I told them that they should combine routes, but what do I know, I'm only a "driver".

brownrodster

Everyone is on road tomorrow. More snow is falling at the moment. Customers are insanely angry at us. We haven't got much done lately. Had thousands of late air show up yesturday after the drivers left. Every driver came in at 8PM last night.

Braveheart

They did the right thing for once in my center. They offered everyone work top to bottom and then forced from the bottom up.

If you wanted the day off unpaid and had decent seniority you got it. If you wanted the hours you got them for the most part as well.

The cover drivers got shafted as they were laid off so the company could short them on their Holiday pay for Christmas.

I would say at least 50-60% of the full timers got the day off.

I was informed about a week ago that we are off today. I am also wondering when my check will be deposited into my account? It's not even showing up on UPSers.com when I log in. Anyone know when I'll get it?

705red

Browncafe Steward
A lot of us took today off if you had the seniority. Of course without pay, but after roughly 60 hour weeks the last month I'm enjoying a 4 day weekend with the kids. They needed 30 drivers in my center today, two volunteers and bottom 28 were forced to come in.

In our contract we have no guarantee for the week between Christmas and new years. Only 1 week left before the 9.5s kick back in! I have no problem working long hours at Christmas, but i will be filing for triple time at will especially with possible lay offs looming!

WyoBrown

A lot of us took today off if you had the seniority. Of course without pay, but after roughly 60 hour weeks the last month I'm enjoying a 4 day weekend with the kids. They needed 30 drivers in my center today, two volunteers and bottom 28 were forced to come in.

In our contract we have no guarantee for the week between Christmas and new years. Only 1 week left before the 9.5s kick back in! I have no problem working long hours at Christmas, but i will be filing for triple time at will especially with possible lay offs looming!

Red, can you expound on the "triple time" filing? Triple time for what?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I was looking at my paycheck for last week and noticed that they gave me an opt day for Fri, I'm assuing. Since I don't have any leftover opt days from 08, I am also assuming that they took it out of my back for 09. I am not the only one that they did this to. The majority of the drivers were charged this way. Now my bank is going to be screwed up this year. I can only assume that they will try and do this again for this weeks pay check as well and that will mean that I lose 2 days out of my bank.:angry:

WyoBrown

I worked, but didnt get paid for the day. After an inquiry, I was coded "day off" rather than holiday pay. Grrrrrrrrrr...I did them a favor by coming in as they begged me the morning of so I threw on my browns and hit the road only to get screwed. Still no green check.