Day after Christmas games

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Well, forcasting for the future with numbers from ONE YEAR AGO doesn't help.

DING DING DING
We have a winner !!!!!

The forecasting is so unpredictable, We had more work the 3 days before Xmas than the week before. The week before supposedly had peak day.

BUT HONESTLY
Every damn package is scanned and PAL'd, HOW THE HELL CAN YOU SCREW UP A PREDICTION FOR THE NEXT DAY !!

Dark_Team_135

Don't think so. Not everywhere, anyway. Contract language, please.

I was laid off Wed, offered 4 hours Fri (declined). I've got '98 ft seniority. As far as I know UPS can declare any day a layoff day, and then offer whatever guarantees they want to get enough volunteers, so long as they both make the offers and accept volunteers in seniority order. If they force you, which has to be done reverse seniority, you must be paid your guarantee.

We have this in the Central Region:

There shall be a weekly guarantee in each center as follows: In each classification in each center, the most senior ninety percent (90%) of employees called or put to work on the first (1st) workday shall be afforded the opportunity of working forty (40) hours of straight-time work during the week.

The guarantee shall not apply:
(a) to an employee who fails to work a scheduled workday during the workweek, or is suspended or discharged for just cause;

(b) when there are conditions beyond the Employer's control such as fire, flood, destruction, strikes, snow storm, or Acts of God, and these conditions cause a curtailment of all or part of an Employer's operation; or,

(c) the weeks of Christmas, New Years and Fourth of July. Any time off during this period will be offered by seniority, when business conditions allow.

sano

BUT HONESTLY
Every damn package is scanned and PAL'd, HOW THE HELL CAN YOU SCREW UP A PREDICTION FOR THE NEXT DAY !!

I would like to here some discussion on this point. I really don't know why we cant get our predictions spot on. This morning we were way over prediction again. started at 4:30, by 6:30 they were coming around asking who was available to driver help. then at 8:20 or:30 they decided we needed to ad a route.
I really dont understand how we can miss this bad. Dont we know what packages are in our system?

I am not trying to be a "wise elbow" I actually cant figure this out.

helenofcalifornia

Our forecast of volume today was way off too at our center. But instead of adding another truck, they just stuffed it into all the trucks and let us go out. I guess they figured that most drivers would have two days off and would "forget."

I don't know what the volume is going to be on Friday, but they are running two less trucks. Happy New Year!!!