Day after "THANKSGIVING" is a "HOLIDAY" !!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I understand that the day after Thanksgiving used to be a holiday in my neck of the woods. Now it's not. Not sure what being a national holiday has anything to do with it. My name is not Jesus. But to answer your question- what do YOU not understand?
Just look at your laws. In RI, we cannot be forced to work federal or state holidays. Meaning, unless the government removes thanksgiving or Christmas and the like off the list, we cannot be forced to work.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Just look at your laws. In RI, we cannot be forced to work federal or state holidays. Meaning, unless the government removes thanksgiving or Christmas and the like off the list, we cannot be forced to work.

That right there is funny.

A State actually passing a law telling a private employer that they cannot force their employees to work on a holiday.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The issue is that most people are too ignorant to even understand their own rights.

Or they want, and allow, the Government to do everything for them.

I think only 2 States out of 50 have laws allowing an employee, working for a private employer, to refuse to work on a Holiday.

And I'll give you 1 guess what the other State is besides Rhode Island.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Or they want, and allow, the Government to do everything for them.

I think only 2 States out of 50 have laws allowing an employee, working for a private employer, to refuse to work on a Holiday.

And I'll give you 1 guess what the other State is besides Rhode Island.
Massachusetts?