Day after "THANKSGIVING" is a "HOLIDAY" !!

gorilla75jdw

Hello Sisters and Brothers ,, I feel we need to get this issue out in the open and clarify it once and for all , so that it is understood . Read this really , really slow , and if you cant read find someone that can , and then find someone that is really good at comprehending things written in the English text as this will greatly benefit you and give you a stepping stone towards understanding and handling "HOLIDAYS" , so here goes .

Thanksgiving day is in itself a "paid" holiday " , pending you work either the day before Thanksgiving, or the Monday directly after Thanksgiving you will be paid for the contractually agreed to holiday DAY of "Thanksgiving DAY" , if you are part time that would be 3.5 hours (correct me if I'm wrong as all supplements are not written the same , but fundamentally are a basic in similarities) , and if your "full time" , you will be guaranteed an 8 hour paid allotment for Thanksgiving day .

Now for the tricky part , which really is not so tricky . Its normally your management team and/or their "goons/stupidvisor's " that are force fed lies that they regurgitate to "US" hourlies , inwhich alot of hourlies "aka" "Teamsters" who are less informed and/or persuadable to believe management/stupidvisor's lies on the truth of being told that the "day after Thanksgiving is a "REQUIRED/MANDATORY" work day , and that they are being "FORCED IN" to work . Listen up management/supervision/stewards/wanna be supervisor folks , the absolute only way to "ever" be forced in by anybody "be stupidvisor's etc etc , and anybody else that is percieved to be in an authoritative role at U.P.S. . However being said that , I always look at these type issues very objectively as to how I would/will respond to whomever if presented with this very situation and/or many other situations/issues such as this, i would simply respond accordingly with : " the day we are speaking about is a contractually agreed upon , paid holiday , therefore I'm not required to work that day " and leave it at that . I'm sure they will be mad/upset and retaliate as normal , just file on the harassment. But as far as them "forcing" you in , understand this :unless they show up to your home with a sawed off shotgun pointed at your head and screaming at you that you must report , welp if any of that doesn't happen well then your not being forced out . You can always use a sick day , personal day , option day , code 26 or just call in "sick" , and if you get to work because you were to pussified to call in or not report , well then have a family/friend call in a family emergency to the office . Sometimes folks you got to make a point , stand up for yourself , in other words QUIT BEING A LIL BBIIIIAAAAAA TTTCCHHHHH !!! . I'm a 27 year full time vet at a semi large hub (White's Creek Nashville Tennessee) so I know how it works , dont be skeered your whole life . Peace and Dueces !!!

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Hello Sisters and Brothers ,, I feel we need to get this issue out in the open and clarify it once and for all , so that it is understood . Read this really , really slow , and if you cant read find someone that can , and then find someone that is really good at comprehending things written in the English text as this will greatly benefit you and give you a stepping stone towards understanding and handling "HOLIDAYS" , so here goes .

Thanksgiving day is in itself a "paid" holiday " , pending you work either the day before Thanksgiving, or the Monday directly after Thanksgiving you will be paid for the contractually agreed to holiday DAY of "Thanksgiving DAY" , if you are part time that would be 3.5 hours (correct me if I'm wrong as all supplements are not written the same , but fundamentally are a basic in similarities) , and if your "full time" , you will be guaranteed an 8 hour paid allotment for Thanksgiving day .

Now for the tricky part , which really is not so tricky . Its normally your management team and/or their "goons/stupidvisor's " that are force fed lies that they regurgitate to "US" hourlies , inwhich alot of hourlies "aka" "Teamsters" who are less informed and/or persuadable to believe management/stupidvisor's lies on the truth of being told that the "day after Thanksgiving is a "REQUIRED/MANDATORY" work day , and that they are being "FORCED IN" to work . Listen up management/supervision/stewards/wanna be supervisor folks , the absolute only way to "ever" be forced in by anybody "be stupidvisor's etc etc , and anybody else that is percieved to be in an authoritative role at U.P.S. . However being said that , I always look at these type issues very objectively as to how I would/will respond to whomever if presented with this very situation and/or many other situations/issues such as this, i would simply respond accordingly with : " the day we are speaking about is a contractually agreed upon , paid holiday , therefore I'm not required to work that day " and leave it at that . I'm sure they will be mad/upset and retaliate as normal , just file on the harassment. But as far as them "forcing" you in , understand this :unless they show up to your home with a sawed off shotgun pointed at your head and screaming at you that you must report , welp if any of that doesn't happen well then your not being forced out . You can always use a sick day , personal day , option day , code 26 or just call in "sick" , and if you get to work because you were to pussified to call in or not report , well then have a family/friend call in a family emergency to the office . Sometimes folks you got to make a point , stand up for yourself , in other words QUIT BEING A LIL BBIIIIAAAAAA TTTCCHHHHH !!! . I'm a 27 year full time vet at a semi large hub (White's Creek Nashville Tennessee) so I know how it works , dont be skeered your whole life . Peace and Dueces !!!

Posting drunk I see.

Please don't use "Vet" in your posts..you don't measure up to the standard.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

Diarrhea of the mouth!
Hopefully you were trying to be humorous.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
I will be working tomorrow and taking advantage of my guarantee.
I would say the pu**ified bi$&h is the person complaining about having to do their job for triple wages.
Btw, You're NOT my brother.

Indecisi0n

Isn't it "brothers and sisters"? I never heard someone lead with "sisters".

What'dyabringmetoday???

I will be working tomorrow and taking advantage of my guarantee.
I would say the pu**ified bi$&h is the person complaining about having to do their job for triple wages.
Btw, You're NOT my brother.
Straight time here. No longer a holiday. Union gave it away. But even when it was a holiday we only got straight time for first eight.

PAS'd out

This ain't rocket science
Isn't it "brothers and sisters"? I never heard someone lead with "sisters".
819N6uSOU8L._SX522_.jpg

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Get that easy money Fri

Worldport is already hit its peak day 2018 vol. processed this past Tues.

Arrive Peak Leave till 12.23

Skooney

Stop crying. Ramp guys work EVERY holiday unless it falls on their day off. So do sorters, so do even a lot of admin people. Only people who come here bitching about it, are guys like you. I'll take their money the day after Thanksgiving every single year. Usually we don't run 2 feeders day after turkey day, but he's out on disability so I get to work.

OKLABob

I’ve got a question they told us for Friday the day after thanksgiving is a required day to work and even asking guys to code 05 so I can tell them I don’t want to work and still get paid 8 hours? Is it a holiday or not lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I’ve got a question they told us for Friday the day after thanksgiving is a required day to work and even asking guys to code 05 so I can tell them I don’t want to work and still get paid 8 hours? Is it a holiday or not lol

Which part of "required" are you having difficulty with?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
everyday is a holiday for me

i predicted this years ago on this forum when people said we would NEVER be forced to work day after Thanksgiving.( bad memories ? ) I said to make a stand or else you would be sorry. give in to them on this and that puts a crack in the wall. pretty soon you will be working Christmas morning , New Years and every other holiday.

then you'll be called in on your vaca? NO WAY!!!!!!!!

ya, watch it happen. It may take 10 years but it will happen cause you people are too weak to stand up for yourselves.

DON"T WORK FRIDAY

everyday is a holiday for me

i predicted this years ago on this forum when people said we would NEVER be forced to work day after Thanksgiving.( bad memories ? ) I said to make a stand or else you would be sorry. give in to them on this and that puts a crack in the wall. pretty soon you will be working Christmas morning , New Years and every other holiday.

then you'll be called in on your vaca? NO WAY!!!!!!!!

ya, watch it happen. It may take 10 years but it will happen cause you people are too weak to stand up for yourselves.

DON"T WORK FRIDAY
Friday is mandatory is most places

You are retired and should not give advice like Dave because you haven't a clue either