Day after thanksgiving

badpal

Atlantic supplement: 8 hr holiday plus time and a half with a guaranteed 8.

Steward said new contract for next year takes away the holiday pay for an additional option day. Another concession in the "best contract ever".
Be nice to see this new contract, to see what we voted on.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
35.69 x 3= $107.07/hour for 8 hours.

$35.69 x 2= $71.38/hour for almost 2 hours.

Have a problem with my math?

If you stayed home, you still would have been paid for the holiday.

I was paid $285.52 to sit home.

By working, you were paid double time for the hours that you worked.

But you are correct, that is how much you were paid for the entire day, but not how much you were paid per hour because you worked.

Steward said new contract for next year takes away the holiday pay for an additional option day. Another concession in the "best contract ever".
How is that a concession? You didn’t lose anything. You can now take off any other day including the day after thanksgiving.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Have a problem with my math? Prove me wrong mouth?

And my above post was not necessarily directed at you, per se. I do not believe that you said you were making triple time. But you did point out the numbers, so I responded to yours.

It was more geared toward those that said they were making triple time, over $100 for working Friday.

No they weren't. They were making double time for the hours that they worked.

Hotmama209

As a seasonal driver helpers I'm I also supposed to be paid time/half for the day after Thanksgiving and on Saturday if it's optional not mandatory? I would just like someone that knows what they are talking about to help me with this cause my management team aren't even on board with each other either.