Day after thanksgiving

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Atlantic supplement: 8 hr holiday plus time and a half with a guaranteed 8.

Steward said new contract for next year takes away the holiday pay for an additional option day. Another concession in the "best contract ever".
Not a concession in my mind, if they're gonna make us work that day anyway I would prefer to have another optional to use at my discretion. Having said that I don't see any change to the language regarding that issue in the Atlantic TA

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
lots of different local language for this day. im surprised it wasn't addressed in the master. im in a local that makes double time for working holidays and cant be forced. here we treat it like a partial day almost. half loads, lots of drivers in way before 8 hours and some people like clerks and such, told to stay home and not get the double time pay. customer counter even closes 3 hours early. no clue as to a 8 hour gurantee, im assuming not because its technically voluntary? we have not settled our supplement yet but i have not heard a peep as to any negotiations regarding this. i see from others posting that they had it removed as a holiday and received and extra oph in return. i wonder how locally widespread that deal is.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Not a concession in my mind

just a FYI. in our local we had the same situation for over 20 years with election day. it was a working holiday and was our yearly triple time day. almost everybody always worked and we all made bank. but it was technically optional. one year a whole center of drivers revolted against there center manager and elected not to work. well after that debacle, last contract they negotiated it out. we received an extra special additional oph that can be used as such. or, that we can choose to work through for whats called a floating triple time day. so anything less than that for the day after thanksgiving is going to be a concession in my local

Hotmama209

Yes it is, if you are a permanent hire with a seniority date you receive 1.5x.
Ok now that answered everything I needed as far as that. Could you please help me out with one more answer if you can? As a seasonal driver helper do I get any perks other than ot after 8 or 40 hours