Day after thanksgiving

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The Atlantic Supplement has different rules, and a specific section, covering working on a holiday.

And it was changed to 3 1/2 hours in the new agreement.

ARTICLE 54 - SUNDAYS AND HOLIDAYS

Section 1 - Holidays

(c) Any regular employee who works on a holiday and is eligible for holiday pay as provided in (b) above shall be paid for all work performed at time and one-half (1-1/2) the straight time hourly rate in addition to receiving his holiday pay and shall be guaranteed a minimum of eight (8) hours work. Those employees on a workweek of four (4) ten (10) hour days shall be guaranteed a minimum of ten (10) hours work. Part-time employees will be guaranteed a minimum of three (3) hours work.
Ain't autonomy great???....not

This is one of many issues that should be addressed in the National Master rather than in the regional supplements.

What possible reasoning justifies the wholesale differences from region to region for the same holidays recognized nationwide???

SMH

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Ain't autonomy great???....not

This is one of many issues that should be addressed in the National Master rather than in the regional supplements.

What possible reasoning justifies the wholesale differences from region to region for the same holidays recognized nationwide???

SMH

Great, ain't it?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Naw... No one considers CS teamsters "REAL" teamsters.

:)
Them too???
That's what I heard on the golf course.
Are there any "real" Teamsters left then???

....perhaps the few freight guys that are left, some of the school bus drivers, or the public sector employees the Teamster have managed to poach (@BigUnionGuy calls them "low hanging fruit") are the only remaining "Real Teamsters"

When I retire from UPS, I hope to have enough still in the tank to get a part time job at one of these employers, so I can finally be "real".

Rack em

Made the Podium

....perhaps the few freight guys that are left, some of the school bus drivers, or the public sector employees the Teamster have managed to poach (@BigUnionGuy calls them "low hanging fruit") are the only remaining "Real Teamsters"

When I retire from UPS, I hope to have enough still in the tank to get a part time job at one of these employers, so I can finally be "real".
I know very few of the older drivers who have a real union mindset and I can safely say they are a dying bread. Even our "elected" stewards don't know anything about the contract. It's sad how far gone the solidarity is these days.

542thruNthru

Every one knows you're not a real teamster unless you were or are a elected official.