Day after thanksgiving

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Atlantic supplement: 8 hr holiday plus time and a half with a guaranteed 8.

Steward said new contract for next year takes away the holiday pay for an additional option day. Another concession in the "best contract ever".
Your steward is incorrect on the additional option day for day after thanksgiving. The only change in the Atlantic area supp tentative language increases part time guarantee to 3 1/2 hours.

Heavy Package

Your steward is incorrect on the additional option day for day after thanksgiving. The only change in the Atlantic area supp tentative language increases part time guarantee to 3 1/2 hours.

Thx - I didn't see the language either when I checked this weekend. But with this contract, "You have to pass it before you know what's in it." I'm just skeptical of all the language after what we have been through.

EasyTrucker

Atlantic supplement: 8 hr holiday plus time and a half with a guaranteed 8.

Steward said new contract for next year takes away the holiday pay for an additional option day. Another concession in the "best contract ever".

Huh???? Part-Timers are already guaranteed 3 1/2 hours!! Article 63 1st sentence.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Huh???? Part-Timers are already guaranteed 3 1/2 hours!! Article 63 1st sentence.

The Atlantic Supplement has different rules, and a specific section, covering working on a holiday.

And it was changed to 3 1/2 hours in the new agreement.

ARTICLE 54 - SUNDAYS AND HOLIDAYS

Section 1 - Holidays

(c) Any regular employee who works on a holiday and is eligible for holiday pay as provided in (b) above shall be paid for all work performed at time and one-half (1-1/2) the straight time hourly rate in addition to receiving his holiday pay and shall be guaranteed a minimum of eight (8) hours work. Those employees on a workweek of four (4) ten (10) hour days shall be guaranteed a minimum of ten (10) hours work. Part-time employees will be guaranteed a minimum of three (3) hours work.